And so it begins...

I just don't understand how Micah has no value. He's been injury prone but he's an English HG player who might actually be able to play for nearly any team in this league aside from us. I can't fathom how he isn't worth a very significant fee for that reason alone.

teddykgb said:
I just don't understand how Micah has no value. He's been injury prone but he's an English HG player who might actually be able to play for nearly any team in this league aside from us. I can't fathom how he isn't worth a very significant fee for that reason alone.

It's not that he isn't worth a decent fee, its the fact that his injuries coupled with his £80k a week wages mean that clubs aren't going to pay him what he wants

I'd suggest it his him that is the problem, he would probably rather sit on his £80k a week and play a minimal role at City than take a cut and go and play elsewhere. In his mind he is probably thinking its best for him to see out his contract on £80k and then take a cut next year when he leaves on a free

bluesince76 said:
lost_n_spaced said:
bluesince76 said:
Guidetti isn't showing anything that makes it look like he could play at the top level again. In fact, there's little to suggest he could make it in a lower league at the moment. But to suggest he's never done anything is ridiculous. If we'd just signed a 20 year old who'd scored 20 in 23 for Feyenoord, we'd all be excited.

As for your valuations, I wish. They sound reasonable based on their performances, but clubs won't want to pay their current wages. So either we give them away, or take a fee and end up contributing to their salaries. From an FFP view, it depends if we want to buy again. If not, we may be better letting them go cheaply without any future payments, as at least it lowers the wage bill, meaning we could buy in January (if the €60m restriction was only for a window and not a season)

Agree on your vaulations point re: wages (I did put max., and yep, a lot of that is wishful thinking based on the fact that even rubbish PL teams now have a lot of money).......

......as for Guidetti, scoring goals in the Dutch league inevitably means that Groningen are going to make a pile of cash (Huntelaar, Alves, Samaras), but that the striker in question is going to be hit and miss (I think I'm right in saying that the only TRULY successful strikers to have piled on the goals in the Eriedivisie and to have consistently replicated it abroad in the last 20 years are RvP & Suarez.

If not for FFP, I'd give away everyone except Richards (who I'd sell as a matter of principal as clubs are taking the piss).
Horse face at the rags did OK as well, but I accept your point about the hit and miss. That said, for his age, he looked really promising, but I think his injury has probably ruined his career

My apologies, I'd actually originally put RvN, RvP & Suarez, but wanted to delete RvP after remembering that he went to Arsenal pretty young, checking Wiki and seeing that the most he ever score in a Eriedivisie season was 8. Deleted the wrong chap (RvN, like it or not, was a absolutely class act - inspite of having a ginormous equine bonce).

Got a feeling that one or two will move on.
As has been mentioned they are a pretty high-character bunch who have aspirations to play regularly and get in their international setup. Let's face it England and Sweden are not exactly overloaded with top players ATM.

Also to drop out of the PL would be disasterous for teams like QPR Saints and Swansea.

I expect all of them to spend to ensure this doesn't happen.

I don't think we can moan that much about clubs paying under our values on the players mentioned. Richards is injury prone and on huge wages so most clubs will have to offer less if they want to offer wages he would accept. This isn't a Lescott situation where he will take less money, Richards will want a long contract and will still feel if he is fit he can have a career at the top. Guidetti and Rodwell are similarly injury prone and that will mean clubs will want to pay lower wages or not take a risk on high transfer fees. Any sale of those players will be difficult to push through because even if we accept an offer the players may not accept their wage offers. Garcia and Sinclair are probably easier to shift but we won't get the sort of money we may need or want. The fact is though that we risk getting next to nothing for them should they stay and not play as opposed to just taking what we can now on the back of Garcia's good end to last season and Sinclair's performances in pre-season.

I mentioned a while ago that we will now have to be a lot smarter in the transfer window as we have a squad of players who are worth the same as what we paid for or we will never look to sell. Yaya won't make us money unless we sell this summer and we won't. Silva and Aguero simply won't be sold. Everyone else is either the same or cheaper than what we paid in value terms. Additions like Zucculini and Fernando represent the clubs shift to more shrewd aquisitions that can make us money if we decide to cash in, or will be long term assets for us. Mangala would go into this category too. From now on we will have to bolster the squad with young talent in order to be strong in the transfer market. Chelsea have managed this in the past couple of windows and we will need to follow suit. That is why I think Barkley would be a better signing that Pogba or Vidal. Get him in young and whilst it's a big fee, being English it will only go up if he reaches his potential because he is English.

manimanc said:
We should fuck Sinclair off just for the sole reason of going out with that dippy cow Helen Flanagan.......
She's the most impressive thing I've seen him do. And I haven't even seen him do that...

supercity88 said:
From now on we will have to bolster the squad with young talent in order to be strong in the transfer market. Chelsea have managed this in the past couple of windows and we will need to follow suit. That is why I think Barkley would be a better signing that Pogba or Vidal. Get him in young and whilst it's a big fee, being English it will only go up if he reaches his potential because he is English.
pogba is also very young and is a homegrown player, whilst he also has more potential than Barkley. I don't think barkleys price will ever go up much, he'll cost 30m+ now and I can't ever seeing him being a 50/60m+ player

Barkley would also be unsellable. Unless he goes to abroad which isn't too common for the young English players. Don't think we'd sell him to a rival and they'd be the only ones who could afford him.

Puts tin hat on.

I have read THs post in particular the problems over FFP and selling certain players etc etc. I disagree, this has nothing to do with FFP and this is down to a our current and previous regime of signing players on large wages and simply through injury or loss of form we are unable to realise the amount of money we want to finish our transfer business. Some of the blame therefore must fall on our current management team. Let me just explain why

1) FFP as far as the sanctions are concerned relate purely to the A List players in respect of CL.
2) In terms of the prem league we have always known we are restricted to 17 foreign players with 8 homegrown.
3) We have allowed certain association player contracts to enter the final year, and in some cases run out altogether enabling players to move on.
4) If we were planning a strategy for this summer which we are told started last November why haven't the players we wanted at least be in place for the premier league. As it stands without Nastisic we have 18 players, so management must have known all along that at least one foreign player would need to be shipped out.
5) The opportunity to decrease the prem number to 17 could have easily been overcome by signing an english association goalkeeper as back up to Joe, the fors and against this were done to death on here no need to repeat those arguments we choose to sign like for like.
6) For management to now complain we cannot get market value out of our foreign sales is their mistake, before committing to Mangala they should have sold Garcia or MDM, they decided against the situation, now we have a situation where the players signature is all but done, with time now operating against us and for any potential suitor to take a Garcia off us.
7) Management in dealing with our transfer business must have been aware the difficulties the world cup would bring in signing or selling players.
8) In terms of Champions league even if Garcia is sold it still leaves us having to leave one more foreigner from the squad to bring it down further to the 16. They surely once the FFPR sanctions came out must have known this, and way before anything was given to the press. They again must have known therefore the importance of reducing the foreign element before adding to it but seem to have gone ahead regardless.
9) If our original plans were to sign the four and no others we must surely have known at least one foreigner had to be sold, their own squad numbers should have told them this. Interesting it just seems the original plans have been altered with the intention of wanting to sign Barkley and Isco. If this is recent then sometimes you cannot always get what you want in life. it is no good suddenly blaming the salary limitations or spending restrictions or profitablity accounts from the sanctions, learn to live within our means and if that means we cannot afford the players so beit or sign the players we want and either tell the players coming in they won't be playing CL or tell the existing players who are to be sold there is no prem place for you this year and that they will restrict to domestic cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.