And so it begins...

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
What the frig has happened to this thread,it was really good with snippets of info from Tolm.
It jumped 30 pages and I thought there must be some news but there seems to be a lot of bluemoon tension and infighting?

Is it Mangala and that's it?
Yes, confirmed by Soriano

bornblueegg said:
richards30 said:
BringBackSwales said:
Isco isn't coming, we simply don't have the transfer funds available. Also it gives James Milner more opportunities and I for one am jolly happy about that. Jimmy's energy and all round midfield ability is extremely effective, just ask Bayern Munich. As an added bonus Jimmy is English, is a top bloke, completely professional and has already helped us to 2 premier league titles.

totally agree BBS. jimmy is perfect for the nitty gritty games were its gonna be a battle to get a result. really hope he signs before the season starts and wins more trophies.
Totally agree

But if he refuses to sign we need to get rid otherwise good old Jimmy is going to end up costing the club a transfer fee by seeing out is contract.

MeatHunterrr said:
What the frig has happened to this thread,it was really good with snippets of info from Tolm.
It jumped 30 pages and I thought there must be some news but there seems to be a lot of bluemoon tension and infighting?

Cheers MH

MeatHunterrr said:

you mean Soriano the KFA ?

So the vultures are still circling?

CIty are not a squad that needed much work going into this transfer window. It was obvious we had 4 areas of weakness. 1 of which was a starting 11 position to line up next to Kompany for the long term, the others were to strengthen the squad with quality. That has been done. Sagna, Fernando, Willy and Mangala (albeit not announced yet). So thats the primary objective complete. This transfer window has also thrown up some hurdles for us too. Not withstanding the transfer budget restrictions, we have lost 1 english player, with another 2 - 3 english players probably going too. This has serious knock on effect on how we can shape our PL and CL quota's.

When the primary work was identified, other transfers and opportunities would of course been discussed and agreed that if something out of the blue was to come along that would be hugely beneficial to the club, then it would be looked into but not at the expense of the business we HAD to do.

I personally think Tolmie was spot on with the work that was done in looking at possibilites re Isco and Barkley. I personally think behind closed door agreements have been laid out with Everton for some kind of first refusal next summer for Barkley as we don't have the wiggle room financially this term. As for Isco, we know we tried to land him last season and Real pipped us. I think we were apporoached by either his agent and/or RM but as discussions progressed, they were not terms that favoured us and as it would of been a luxury addition, we cooled. I'm not saying this is dead though. because as we all know, deals can be offered when the window draws to a close. And, if we have off loaded the players we have identified as permitted to be off loaded, then theres always a possibility.

Transfer discussions always have curve balls and take weird meandering paths. TH often gets notice of intent at certain moments in time, and rightly or wrongly* decides to divulge snippets to us here (either by clues and cryptic songs or just less subtle info). When wind can turn and deals/discussions can progress or breakdown due to things non of us have party to the nitty gritty details.

I always believe the info Tolmie posts on here is told in good faith and not as a WUM. I do not get silly and go putting money on this info or go round being a pseudo ITKer to my mates in the pub. I keep it to myself, and see if it comes off. If it doesn't, ce la vie! I don't come on here calling him out and being a keyboard warrior. I understand things can change.

So just because we haven't spent over 100mil this season or brought in all the players we are linked with, doesn't give people the right to attack other blues on here

(* I say wrongly only in the context that why he bothers sometimes with the abuse he gets is admirable)

MeatHunterrr said:

Don't take this the wrong way MH,but it will be confirmed when the window shuts.

squirtyflower said:
El Mago said:
‏@City_Watch

Soriano: "We have a new right-back, holding midfielder, we'll have a new central defender and that's it."

So all the talks about Isco are based on fiction and not facts.
Or it could be the that one of the chief execs wouldn't be discussing ongoing negotiations to alert our rivals

Hmmm ... only the true messiah denies that he's the messiah, eh?

Hey Txiki, this guy won't haggle.
Won't haggle?!

Note to flappers: like the esteemed TH's, the above "clue" is not meant to be taken literally. In fact it probably refers to all manufacturers of dairy products, now that I think about it.

Graceyboy said:
So the vultures are still circling?

CIty are not a squad that needed much work going into this transfer window. It was obvious we had 4 areas of weakness. 1 of which was a starting 11 position to line up next to Kompany for the long term, the others were to strengthen the squad with quality. That has been done. Sagna, Fernando, Willy and Mangala (albeit not announced yet). So thats the primary objective complete. This transfer window has also thrown up some hurdles for us too. Not withstanding the transfer budget restrictions, we have lost 1 english player, with another 2 - 3 english players probably going too. This has serious knock on effect on how we can shape our PL and CL quota's.

When the primary work was identified, other transfers and opportunities would of course been discussed and agreed that if something out of the blue was to come along that would be hugely beneficial to the club, then it would be looked into but not at the expense of the business we HAD to do.

I personally think Tolmie was spot on with the work that was done in looking at possibilites re Isco and Barkley. I personally think behind closed door agreements have been laid out with Everton for some kind of first refusal next summer for Barkley as we don't have the wiggle room financially this term. As for Isco, we know we tried to land him last season and Real pipped us. I think we were apporoached by either his agent and/or RM but as discussions progressed, they were not terms that favoured us and as it would of been a luxury addition, we cooled. I'm not saying this is dead though. because as we all know, deals can be offered when the window draws to a close. And, if we have off loaded the players we have identified as permitted to be off loaded, then theres always a possibility.

Transfer discussions always have curve balls and take weird meandering paths. TH often gets notice of intent at certain moments in time, and rightly or wrongly* decides to divulge snippets to us here (either by clues and cryptic songs or just less subtle info). When wind can turn and deals/discussions can progress or breakdown due to things non of us have party to the nitty gritty details.

I always believe the info Tolmie posts on here is told in good faith and not as a WUM. I do not get silly and go putting money on this info or go round being a pseudo ITKer to my mates in the pub. I keep it to myself, and see if it comes off. If it doesn't, ce la vie! I don't come on here calling him out and being a keyboard warrior. I understand things can change.

So just because we haven't spent over 100mil this season or brought in all the players we are linked with, doesn't give people the right to attack other blues on here

(* I say wrongly only in the context that why he bothers sometimes with the abuse he gets is admirable)

I like this post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.