And so it begins...

I cannot remember the wording and interpretation of the 'punishment' laid down for City by UEFA vis a vi the transfer spending so please correct me if i'm wrong - was the main punishment right now a financial one with some of it held in reserve in case we were naughty again?

There was also a clearly laid down limitation on the number of players that could be registered for CL but there was not a suspended element of that punishment that could be activated if we were naughty?

If both those statements are true then the sentence 'if we have to take a pinch we take a pinch' has an entirely new dimension to it.

It perhaps was as much about moving forwards as well as an historical issue and fine.

chris85mcfc said:
ColinLee said:
A question for Tolmie as I'm pretty sure no ones asked you (in a post at least), do you know what's happening with our transfer budget for the winter window? Is it still capped? Or next season come to that?

I'm pretty certain that the spending cap is for the season, so we can spend £49m net in the season

As far as the cap next summer, i dont know if anyone has cleared this up or if anyone knows the definitive answer. When i first read the statement on the OS, it sounded to me like a two season cap. But then there are people saying that if we comply this season, and taking into account the fact we should now be making a profit, then the sanctions will be lifted for next summer

If someone can clear this up please do
On the OS statement :- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2014/may/club-statement-16-may

- The Club’s expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club’s planned transfer activity.

So only for this summer (maybe), hence the question. It may well be for the season but given the ambiguity of the statement who knows.

Not sure if been mentioned, but lampard is odds on to join on loan.

I know odds can be just a result of a heavy bet, but 8/11 at moment

comeonfeedthegoat said:

Would hate that if im honest, don't think he would anyway as he had other offers from PL clubs.

Jaxite said:
comeonfeedthegoat said:

Would hate that if im honest, don't think he would anyway as he had other offers from PL clubs.

He's either going to come to us or Melbourne to stay fit so if it's us he may as well be available to play I would have thought.

80s Shorts said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:
Bring back Mancio, it was more fun :-)

I'm not even joking here. He was last spotted causing rows on the galatasary forum.

He had a bigger man crush on his hero than shaleaumstash. What an absolute fruitcake.

lol.

obj058a.jpg

wateraid-let-it-drop.jpg

Haha,following a man you hate so you can keep bringing him up on here and then telling everyone to move on or calling them morons etc,very funny indeed

blueparrot said:
Jaxite said:
comeonfeedthegoat said:

He's either going to come to us or Melbourne to stay fit so if it's us he may as well be available to play I would have thought.

He can't go to Melbourne,they are only allowed one "guest player",that's what I think they call it,and they already have villa.......unless I'm wrong.

SPIDERBOY said:
blueparrot said:
Jaxite said:

He can't go to Melbourne,they are only allowed one "guest player",that's what I think they call it,and they already have villa.......unless I'm wrong.
They are only allowed 1 guest player but according to this :- http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...944133920?nk=49d65141e571d55b0457c3b50239c843

he or Lampard can register as on loan from NYCFC.

A-League clubs are permitted to sign one guest player per season, with wages to be paid outside of the $2.55 million salary cap, for a maximum of 10 games.

But the sting in the tail is that Melbourne City has not yet confirmed Villa’s status.

There is the potential that he could be categorised as a player on loan from New York and take up one of the five visa — overseas player — slots

That could allow City to sign another guest player for a 10-game stint if it so wished. Villa is not a permanent signing, so City can and will sign another superstar player as its international marquee.

Edit :- unless I'm misunderstanding that of course...

ColinLee said:
SPIDERBOY said:
blueparrot said:

They are only allowed 1 guest player but according to this :- http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...944133920?nk=49d65141e571d55b0457c3b50239c843

he or Lampard can register as on loan from NYCFC.

A-League clubs are permitted to sign one guest player per season, with wages to be paid outside of the $2.55 million salary cap, for a maximum of 10 games.

But the sting in the tail is that Melbourne City has not yet confirmed Villa’s status.

There is the potential that he could be categorised as a player on loan from New York and take up one of the five visa — overseas player — slots

That could allow City to sign another guest player for a 10-game stint if it so wished. Villa is not a permanent signing, so City can and will sign another superstar player as its international marquee.

Edit :- unless I'm misunderstanding that of course...

Very crafty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.