And so it begins...

SPIDERBOY said:
ColinLee said:
SPIDERBOY said:
He can't go to Melbourne,they are only allowed one "guest player",that's what I think they call it,and they already have villa.......unless I'm wrong.
They are only allowed 1 guest player but according to this :- http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...944133920?nk=49d65141e571d55b0457c3b50239c843

he or Lampard can register as on loan from NYCFC.

A-League clubs are permitted to sign one guest player per season, with wages to be paid outside of the $2.55 million salary cap, for a maximum of 10 games.

But the sting in the tail is that Melbourne City has not yet confirmed Villa’s status.

There is the potential that he could be categorised as a player on loan from New York and take up one of the five visa — overseas player — slots

That could allow City to sign another guest player for a 10-game stint if it so wished. Villa is not a permanent signing, so City can and will sign another superstar player as its international marquee.

Edit :- unless I'm misunderstanding that of course...

Very crafty.

Didn't they sign Robert Koren... Or has that not completed?

MeatHunterrr said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
What the frig has happened to this thread,it was really good with snippets of info from Tolm.
It jumped 30 pages and I thought there must be some news but there seems to be a lot of bluemoon tension and infighting?

Is it Mangala and that's it?
Yes, confirmed by Soriano
Does this make Soriano a 'chancer'?

Big Dave Watson said:
MeatHunterrr said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
What the frig has happened to this thread,it was really good with snippets of info from Tolm.
It jumped 30 pages and I thought there must be some news but there seems to be a lot of bluemoon tension and infighting?

Is it Mangala and that's it?
Yes, confirmed by Soriano
Does this make Soriano a 'chancer'?

no but i thi9-nk he`s a decent ITK

He only said that to take the pressure of the club trying to flog the deadwood. Now in the open we have finsihed spending and don't care whether players leave or not we can demand a higher value and hopefully still sign the player (s) we want. Or alternatively he is telling it as it is and Mangala is the last signing which in all honesty is all we need (would have been nice to get a marquee signing though)

Rammyblues said:
He only said that to take the pressure of the club trying to flog the deadwood. Now in the open we have finsihed spending and don't care whether players leave or not we can demand a higher value and hopefully still sign the player (s) we want. Or alternatively he is telling it as it is and Mangala is the last signing which in all honesty is all we need (would have been nice to get a marquee signing though)

Is a 32 million pound defender not a marquee signing??

Maybe I used the wrong phrase, 32m for a defender is but if you were to say Mangala or Barkley or Isco which is a more glamorous signing, oh bollocks you know what I mean :-)

Nightmare Walking said:
Rammyblues said:

Is a 32 million pound defender not a marquee signing??
Only if he's any good

ox-blue said:
Micah to Everton? Anybody heard anything on this?

I cant see Martinez being interested in a player like Micah,and frankly,i don't think he would be good enough.Not a prayer he would take the rightback birth and I believe they have better centre halves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.