Andy Dibble v Gary Crosby

I was there, I remember it getting a bit feisty on the terrace. Couldn’t believe it stood, but then again it is City we’re talking about.

Can we request a replay?

A friend has brought it up in conversation and i forgot all about it.

Any of you at the City Ground that day?

And should it have been ruled out?
I was there, at the time as a keeper you couldn't travel more than 3/4 steps once you had the ball under control.

Courtney said Dibble didn't have it under control hence he allowed the goal.

There was no way if he'd moved around the area he'd have not penalised Andy for deliberately carrying the ball.

Atmosphere turned pretty nasty that day.

We have at least one ref on here so I'll wait to see if he replies. I'm not sure if the laws define "ball under control" in this scenario but I seem to recall someone at the time saying two hands on the ball or one hand on the ball with the ball held against the body was required.
At the time I thought Crosby was a cheating twunt and dibble was a dozy twunt.

We have at least one ref on here so I'll wait to see if he replies. I'm not sure if the laws define "ball under control" in this scenario but I seem to recall someone at the time saying two hands on the ball or one hand on the ball with the ball held against the body was required.
At the time I thought Crosby was a cheating twunt and dibble was a dozy twunt.
IMG_4548.jpeg

‘Holding the ball in the outstretched open hand’, wasn’t in the Laws of ’keepers being in control of the ball back then. I actually think at the time it was only if he had it in two hands.

Now ’keepers in possession can only be challenged if the ball is at his feet.

I was there. Dibs was never the same again after that. Should have been a draw on balance of play.

Can we request a replay?

A friend has brought it up in conversation and i forgot all about it.

Any of you at the City Ground that day?

And should it have been ruled out?
Wasn't there but a few years back I was working at a golf club near Peterborough. Dibble and others were playing in what I assume was their club golf day. I said to him something like "Gary Crosby sends his regards". He blanked me completely and stalked off to the first tee.
Fair enough I suppose, if anybody had played the smartarse like that with me I'd have smashed their teeth in with a 9 iron.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.