Andy Mitten M.E.N Success comes at a price

The perfect fumble said:
" Players will be labelled mercenaries and worse"

LOL! That's been a constant theme since ADUG took over, we didn't need to win the league to unleash that old chestnut. Rags and Rag media have been blathering on about that for years.

" but the fans will bear the brunt of the changes, the price rises, the hangers on"

No they won't, that's the Utd way, squeezing every penny to the max and filling the stadium with the well heeled "prawn sandwich" crowd, a club driven to service the Glazer debt, milking the franchise, scrabbling around to raise £100 million in a flotation quoted in the Economist fit only for "fools and fans". While all the time pretending nothing has changed in the Utd family, a big fat lie at the centre of the club.

Will ADUG do the same, the answer is no, not because the Sheikh is the very essence of all that is good and decent, he's a good owner but a canny businessman, canny enough to know he can't squeeze the regular fans too much, they don't have pockets that deep. He'll build his corporate boxes and squeeze them, but I can live with that.

No, in the end it's not success that breeds contempt, but the manner of that success, if City wins stuff with attractive free flowing football, if the manager and the owners behave with dignity and respect and the fans stay grounded free of the curse of "entitlement", we might be envied, but we won't be hated.

What marks out a true winner, is not just to win, but to do it with style and good grace, that is something, somewhere down the line, Utd and her fans simply forgot.

great comment, that

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
He is about as biased as you are gonna get.

Is he related to Charlie Mitten who used to play for them a long, long time ago?

Yes he is, they are from urmston. I played against his brother today

Quite ironic when he mentions mercenaries wasn't Charlie Mitten one when he went to play in Colombia? and on his return was ostracised by Busby after the funds dried up.

gary walker said:
when we get to 19 titles im sure we will understand, untill then lets be quiet!!! or even 5.

Rag Alert.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:40 am --<br /><br />
philiph20 said:
Quite ironic when he mentions mercenaries wasn't Charlie Mitten one when he went to play in Colombia? and on his return was ostracised by Busby after the funds dried up.

The Bogota Bandit.
Great point, would love to see him answer that one!

gary walker said:
when we get to 19 titles im sure we will understand, untill then lets be quiet!!! or even 5.
What?we will then have lying bullshitters from a shite fanzine writing made up stories in the M.E.N about utd,WRONG!!!
He's got rep as a boring,sarcastic myopic twat & in that article i can see why.
What i want to know is WHO let this **** write a Fairytale about City?
Fuck being quiet & turning the other cheek this fucker & the snide slug behind letting him pen that bile deserve all the abuse they get.
@AndyMitten if anyone wants to set him straight,don't swear at the twat though

stating_the_obvious.jpg

can't believe its the same **** who i used to play football with as a kid, he was a right thick ****.

i was the only city fan in the team, i used to have murders with the ****.

can't believe hes a two-bob journo.

he lived next door to urmston grammer, must of fuckin killed him he never went there.

he could hardly sign his name on the teamsheet, i'm fuckin certain he used to put an x.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.