Andy Murray to retire

2-2. Wow. Despite what some might think, I've always been relatively indifferent to Murray, while recognising how wonderful a player he has been. But this is quite extraordinary, playing on one leg and fighting like crazy to get into the second round. Really special to watch.
He could have had a much longer career had fruit and veg been available north of the border:)

2-2. Wow. Despite what some might think, I've always been relatively indifferent to Murray, while recognising how wonderful a player he has been. But this is quite extraordinary, playing on one leg and fighting like crazy to get into the second round. Really special to watch.

Certainly is. Fucking epic stuff.

“Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light”

If he does end up losing, then no-one can say he didn’t go out like a champion

Feet up now, rest and a last hurrah at Wimbledon for the man.

Had one hell of a career.

Pretty clear from that interview at the end that he's going to have that big operation on his hip, presumably primarily for quality of life reasons more than anything else. Whether he wants to delay that until after Wimbledon depends on whether he wants to put up with the pain for 6 months or not I guess.

I honestly have no idea how so many can hate on him. Incredible player, hugely inspirational, top guy and as gutsy as they come.
I don't hate him I just hate his petulant behaviour at his press conference. Sure it's upsetting when you can't do the things you love but he's had a great life jetting round the world and earning £85 million in the process. There won't be a knock at the door from the debt collectors wanting his telly and his family will want for nothing financially. He needs to remember that.

I don't hate him I just hate his petulant behaviour at his press conference. Sure it's upsetting when you can't do the things you love but he's had a great life jetting round the world and earning £85 million in the process. There won't be a knock at the door from the debt collectors wanting his telly and his family will want for nothing financially. He needs to remember that.

Yeah, because life is all about money. I bet you're the kind of person who believes rich people can't suffer from depression?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.