Andy Murray to retire

Not a case of attacking the other two,as it was you who brought them up,but you think if you asked Henman 10 relatively easy questions on football he'd get more than 3 right ? Exactly my point.

I brought them up because the stick Murray receives for his joke 15 years ago came in a conversation between the three of them. This isn't particularly difficult a concept to grasp that they might be relevant in this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1194310/DES-KELLY-For-time--Scot-Andy-Murray-traitor.html

"Every year since I have returned to the subject at least to try to clear up some of the delusions and lies that sprang from that encounter.

Yet there are still people out there - I call them 'the hard of thinking' - who believe Murray still watches England's football matches wearing the jersey of whatever opponents they happen to be playing while muttering Robert Burns poems and plotting a Scottish takeover of Parliament (oh, hang on).

But, in what is now an annual tradition on this page, I will again seek to counter the myths I accidentally helped to create in the hope that Britain's best Grand Slam prospect in 73 years might get through a fortnight in London SW19 without having to deal with one stupid misconception."

Imagine hating someone forever because they made a joke about not supporting your football team when they were 19.

Even for you, it's remarkably petty.

Oh here's stat man,

As you say,worth pointing out that as of this day Federer is 37 - Nadal is 32 - Djokovic - 31 and Del Potro - 30 ,all going strong,and way past the average age of 28 you said.

Petty or not,the word he used "regretted" should give even you a bit of a clue he shouldn't have said anything like that 19 or not

Here we go for those that need reminding

"I was only 19 or 20 at the time. I was still a kid, and I was getting things sent to my locker saying things like: 'I hope you lose every tennis match for the rest of your life'. That's at Wimbledon. Even people within the grounds at Wimbledon were saying that to me," Murray revealed.

The seriousness of the situation hit home after he overheard one tennis fan at Wimbledon describe him on the phone as "that Scottish wanker" as he walked past. "It's not nice, obviously, and I felt I hadn't done anything wrong." His comment, he said, was a response to teasing about Scotland's absence from the World Cup. What he called "unbelievable" early fan support evaporated, forcing him, he admitted, to have to "reconnect" with the British public.

Anyone who didn't grasp that it was all a joke at the time must be thick as fuck, to have been vilified for it was nothing short of a disgrace by certain sections of the press.

The guy comes across a little dour but he's there to win tennis matches not entertain on the fucking stage.

Some people really do need to get out more. Fair enough if you don't like him but why go on and on and on. ...

Murray was a great player in an era of supermen. Some would say unlucky.

It was a pleasure watching him play.

I brought them up because the stick Murray receives for his joke 15 years ago came in a conversation between the three of them. This isn't particularly difficult a concept to grasp that they might be relevant in this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1194310/DES-KELLY-For-time--Scot-Andy-Murray-traitor.html

"Every year since I have returned to the subject at least to try to clear up some of the delusions and lies that sprang from that encounter.

Yet there are still people out there - I call them 'the hard of thinking' - who believe Murray still watches England's football matches wearing the jersey of whatever opponents they happen to be playing while muttering Robert Burns poems and plotting a Scottish takeover of Parliament (oh, hang on).

But, in what is now an annual tradition on this page, I will again seek to counter the myths I accidentally helped to create in the hope that Britain's best Grand Slam prospect in 73 years might get through a fortnight in London SW19 without having to deal with one stupid misconception."

See thing is here,you are making an argument against me,which is absolutely fine,brilliant in fact,and are looking at ways to defend what he said,well the truth is,whether you like to believe it or not,not too many are arsed he's gonna have to quit

Anyone who didn't grasp that it was all a joke at the time must be thick as fuck, to have been vilified for it was nothing short of a disgrace by certain sections of the press.

The guy comes across a little dour but he's there to win tennis matches not entertain on the fucking stage.

A little dour ? Fuck me that is some understatement there

See thing is here,you are making an argument against me,which is absolutely fine,brilliant in fact,and are looking at ways to defend what he said,well the truth is,whether you like to believe it or not,not too many are arsed he's gonna have to quit

Not sure you get to speak for other people. And no, I'm not making an argument against you, I'm agreeing with Des Kelly who calls those who still whine on about it "hard of thinking", and adding my own opinion that they're thick twats given how those in the conversation said what it was about. Whether that's you depends on if you're complaining about it all these years later or not.

Oh here's stat man,

As you say,worth pointing out that as of this day Federer is 37 - Nadal is 32 - Djokovic - 31 and Del Potro - 30 ,all going strong,and way past the average age of 28 you said.

Petty or not,the word he used "regretted" should give even you a bit of a clue he shouldn't have said anything like that 19 or not

Yeah, and Djokovic missed most of 2017 with a bad injury, Nadal had wrecked his knees by 24 and could barely play for most of 2014 & 2015, while Federer missed most of 2013, 2015 and 2016 through injuries and has been semi-retired since then.

As for Del Potro...he's spent more time recovering from injury than playing tennis, I don't know why anyone would ever bring him into a conversation to disprove how brutal tennis is as a sport.

Also, he regretted it because he didn't realise cunts like you would deliberately misinterpret it and use it as excuse to attack him for years to come, not because it was inherently wrong.

Not sure you get to speak for other people. And no, I'm not making an argument against you, I'm agreeing with Des Kelly who calls those who still whine on about it "hard of thinking", and adding my own opinion that they're thick twats given how those in the conversation said what it was about. Whether that's you depends on if you're complaining about it all these years later or not.

I don't get to speak for other people,but your continued use of the quote "hard of thinking" and your own opinion of being a thick twat,is insinuating that against me,so that is now at a personal level.

You like him,that is your choice,but that does not mean you have the right to speak for the nation neither I'm sorry to tell you

Yeah, and Djokovic missed most of 2017 with a bad injury, Nadal had wrecked his knees by 24 and could barely play for most of 2014 & 2015, while Federer missed most of 2013, 2015 and 2016 through injuries and has been semi-retired since then.

As for Del Potro...he's spent more time recovering from injury than playing tennis, I don't know why anyone would ever bring him into a conversation to disprove how brutal tennis is as a sport.

Also, he regretted it because he didn't realise cunts like you would deliberately misinterpret it and use it as excuse to attack him for years to come, not because it was inherently wrong.

Come on stat man,Del Potro is currently ranked 5th in the world ffs,don't let your stats let you down.

And don't call me a **** lad you irritating fucking nerd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.