Andy Murray to retire

Murray's wife is English many of those he calls his best friends are English , he lives in England for much of his time. There is absolutely no way he is anti-English. When he was a teenager making his way in tennis he came over a s a bit awkward personally I think he has matured massively and comes over as a really thoughtful good guy though I guess everyone can have different opinions . I wish him all the best to the finest tennis player Britain has had in the modern era.

Absolute legend. Terrible news but I guess not a surprise considering the past 18 months. God knows where British tennis goes from here, back in the doldrums. The BBC are gonna be devastated.

Oh I don't know. It's in reasonable shape as a sport, far better than its been in decades. Murray, Henman and Rusedski (ironically enough, a Canadian has had a fantastic effect on British tennis) have inspired a fair few.

Henman and who else ? Overend the journalist at the time you mean ?

As I stated above, the conversation was between Henman, Murray and Des Kelly. Kelly took to calling those expressing outrage "hard of thinking". Henman has repeatedly expressed his anger at those who took it out of context.

Obviously, given all were entirely content with some light hearted banter between them, they couldn't possibly have an informed view about the whole thing.

Murray's wife is English many of those he calls his best friends are English , he lives in England for much of his time. There is absolutely no way he is anti-English. When he was a teenager making his way in tennis he came over a s a bit awkward personally I think he has matured massively and comes over as a really thoughtful good guy though I guess everyone can have different opinions . I wish him all the best to the finest tennis player Britain has had in the modern era.

He was so much more relaxed in the media after winning wimbledon.

Being British #1 in Tennis has to be one of the weirdest positions in sport - you're a fringe interest for 11 months of the year, but come July sudden you have the weight of the entire country on your shoulders, and your shoulders alone, because everyone wants someone to support for the full 2 weeks and Murray had that since he was 17, not to mention the 76 year wait for a home champion.

As I stated above, the conversation was between Henman, Murray and Des Kelly. Kelly took to calling those expressing outrage "hard of thinking". Henman has repeatedly expressed his anger at those who took it out of context.

Obviously, given all were entirely content with some light hearted banter between them, they couldn't possibly have an informed view about the whole thing.

No I agree,Henman wouldn't have a clue what a football was unless it hit him in the face,and knocked the plums out of his mouth,and Kelly probably to this day wished that had never been said at the time,but you can carry on if you want to start a we love Andy campaign,but it looks like it's a bit late now

No I agree,Henman wouldn't have a clue what a football was unless it hit him in the face,and knocked the plums out of his mouth,and Kelly probably to this day wished that had never been said at the time,but you can carry on if you want to start a we love Andy campaign,but it looks like it's a bit late now

Oh right, so the people in the conversation are critical of those who take offence and you decide to attack them instead. Classy.

By far the best British mens tennis player of the modern era. Would have won a lot more grand slams if his time at the top didn't coincide with that of three of the four best players ever. But three grand slams plus two olympic golds is not to be sniffed at.

Imagine hating someone forever because they made a joke about not supporting your football team when they were 19.

Even for you, it's remarkably petty.

Oh right, so the people in the conversation are critical of those who take offence and you decide to attack them instead. Classy.

Not a case of attacking the other two,as it was you who brought them up,but you think if you asked Henman 10 relatively easy questions on football he'd get more than 3 right ? Exactly my point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.