Angel Di Maria

While, in my opinion, not a 'World Class' winger, Di Maria would be a player who could become a real game changer. Predominantly a left winger in Portugal, Madrid played him on the right. He has pace, can run with the ball and can cut inside using either left or right foot. Consistency would be an issue so he's one I can see coming off the bench. I certainly wouldn't want the club to have to pay a huge sum for him though. I'd rather see Gonzalo Higuain at The Etihad.

I think some people are underrating how good Di Maria is. With the supposed move to a more fluid 4-3-3 him on the left of the front 3 with Navas on the right could be lethal. In some ways he would fit better than Isco who is more creative but less dynamic than Angel.

I think the pace and trickery he has would mean Silva now has 2 speed demons down either wing so his passing range can come to the fore. I think we are starting to get to the point where we have a footballing philosophy we clearly want to introduce so time to start implementing the right players as in my eyes Isco was not falling under that category.

Di Maria or Bernard would be a better signing than Isco is my humble opinion.

Besides his flashy skills and step-overs, he is very ordinary besides that. Plus he will cost alot of money.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
ninjamonkey said:
This guy is very ordinary. Plus why the fuck would we want to make it easy for Madrid, getting rid of Di Maria to us for probably the same money they paid for Isco and opening up a place in the team for him. No thanks.

He isn't ordinary at all. Thats just a ridiculous thing to say. He isn't top top class but he is certainly a CL level player with potential to become even better as his decision making improves with Experience. At this moment in time he is better than Isco and Nasri.

-- Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:25 pm --

He also has real eye for the incisive through ball which is a real bonus as he can create havoc playing like a traditional winger, then cut inside and play clever passes through to the strikers

Having watched him many times for Madrid I am not overly impressed and would certainly not wish to see him in a sky blue shirt at the kind of money they would demand.

We need a goal scoring playmaker ( similar to Isco ) and a quality frontline goalscorer.

Di Maria would not bring anything to the table to improve the side and how many goals does he score?

Was probably madrid's best player at the Benabeu against us.

And yes, he's great on the left as well. One of his best Classico performances was on the left (copa) and that's the position e played for mist of his life anyway before moving to the right at Madrid.

Sign him up!

Some real nonsense on here. He'd add an awful lot to our team. We don't have any midfield who'd score as much as him and he is far far more direct than anyone we have. Yes he is sometimes wasteful, but all players of his type are. Ronaldo is frequently wasteful, that's the price you pay for a selfish winger who can offer than unique x factor to break open teams.
One thing I know is, defences will shit themselves if they see him against them. He's so direct and unpredictable, he's a constant threat

BigOscar said:
Some real nonsense on here. He'd add an awful lot to our team. We don't have any midfield who'd score as much as him and he is far far more direct than anyone we have. Yes he is sometimes wasteful, but all players of his type are. Ronaldo is frequently wasteful, that's the price you pay for a selfish winger who can offer than unique x factor to break open teams.
One thing I know is, defences will shit themselves if they see him against them. He's so direct and unpredictable, he's a constant threat
can he finish........

poyntontom said:
BigOscar said:
can he finish........
More likely to rocket it in than Thierry Henry it into the far corner, but you'd expect 10 goals a year from him

I know football is all about opinions when it comes to players but Di Maria is ordinary? WTF....are these the same people who think Navas was a waste of money, the guy who had the most assists in la Liga last year? Or the same ones who think Fernandinho is ordinary as well, despite Jamie redknapp who's played the game at the top level and has no reason to suck up to city being quoted as saying a midfield with yaya n Fernandinho in would be nigh on unstoppable? If we don't spend 40m plus on every player and every target walks over hot coals to get to beswick there's too many toys being thrown out of prams...its getting fucking stupid..... And breathe, I'm ok now....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.