Angel Di Maria

malg said:
Diving, cheating twat. Hope to God I never see him in a City shirt.

A cheat that is one of the best in his position and will add that pace and wing play we desperately need!

I would take him mate.

We've been too nice for too long, United and Chelsea (and Barca and Real and others) gain many points per season through the dark arts.

Marca may be trying to start an auction here, they are Real's mouthpiece.

FantasyIreland said:
Andouble said:
Don't like him one bit but I guess I could grow to.
As a footballer,a man, or both?

I guess man if that's what embellishment and acting a **** falls under, though it could be footballer as that's when I see him acting like that.

Thought he was off to Chelsea with Mourinho, being one of his "promised players"

Blue Haze said:
His talent is unreal. Madrid would be mad to sell

seems very, very few players have thick enough skin to stay at Real or Barca for an extended amount of time.

The pressure at those two clubs really is like none other, almost to the point that football seems unenjoyable to them at times

LoveCity said:
YES, he is one of the best wingers out there but having a so/so season. But he showed against United just how dangerous he can be. There isn't much between he and Bale as players but probably around £25million between them in cost. Width and pace? Here is your man...

PS: Name me a winger who ISN'T frustrating at times and prone to inconsistency.
You sum him up pretty well here, I would like to hope we can do better, if we want to beat the best.
Better than Sinclair admitedly but he is not top class.

Plain Speaking said:
You sum him up pretty well here, I would like to hope we can do better, if we want to beat the best.
Better than Sinclair admitedly but he is not top class.

I think he is - who would you put in the top bracket of wingers? There's Ribery and Robben but they are too old for us. Reus who may be better now but if he was available we'd probably go for him.

Bale (isn't really a winger anymore at Spurs though) and Hazard are the only ones who I think compare to Di Maria in our league. None of United's do anymore, Nani might once have.

Di Maria is very productive and even in this - a bad season for him - he he has 12 goals and 13 assists for club and country. 18 assists last seasons.

The only reason Real Madrid want to sell him, according to that report at least, is to fund a bid for Bale who is likely to cost close to £60million (his price tag has gone up since I made that post you quoted) while Di Maria will cost closer to 1/3 of that.

He'd be an immediate boost to our squad as we haven't had anyone remotely like him since Bellamy and he's miles better than Bellamy was. A winger who can stretch play, set up goals, and score? Yes please. I'd hate to see him at United, he'd set up so many goals for them.

(That said I have doubts we're really after him, Marca may be using our name to get an auction going)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.