Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPIDERBOY said:
LoveCity said:
Left out of their Super Cup squad with United in pole position according to Cadena COPE (fairly reliable).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cope.es/detalle/Di-Maria-no-jugara-el-partido-de-vuelta-de-la-Supercopa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cope.es/detalle/Di-Maria-no- ... rcopa.html</a>

There are some reports that they've turned down 60m euros from Barca for him for obvious reasons.

Yeah,I posted the same in another thread...apparently said they would never sell to barca...

Well thats sets the asking price high at least

citytill1die84 said:
summerseat blue said:
Turtlehead as come out and said they don't want Di Maria because it would stunt jizzy jaz's development.

The Express said it not Turtlehead
Watching ssn and they reported it like he had said it. Not like them to get the wrong end of the stick.:)

this is another panic buy like Mata

just to pacify their fans, but defense and midfield is still abysmal

IF this signing comes off and he is the only signing they make before the end of the transfer window they will still finish outside the top 4 IMO

To have a winger of this quality would do us wonders in the CL don't you think? Would the fee be possible for us this window?

CitizenTID said:
To have a winger of this quality would do us wonders in the CL don't you think? Would the fee be possible for us this window?

Madrid want nothing less than 70m, PSG backed off (FFP problems)

£50m will get Di Maria. We could sign him by selling Negredo and Nastasic, but I don't think we want to sign him.

I agree, most top teams seems to have that pacy, direct, skillful player who can terrify teams and it may be the only thing we're missing. Bale, Robben, Lavezzi, Hazard, Sanchez, Reus, Di Maria, Neymar, Griezmann, even Sterling. Our closest thing is Navas or maybe Yaya when he occasionally goes on a barnstorming run. Silva and Nasri are more methodical playmakers, who are great of course but a different category. You could say it's not our style of play, but even the most pass/possession heavy teams like Bayern and Barca have options like this.

I'm normally the first to trumpet ex-Benfica players (and I do like Di Maria), but I don't think he'd suit us at all. He's one of those players who always attempts to do something gamechanging, always at 100mph, always trying the spectacular. That's a rare commodity, as he actually has the ability to do it on occasion and be a gamechager, but it also means that he gives the ball away all the time. In a system like ours, where we keep such care of the ball, it would be hugely apparent that he was giving it away ten times as often as everyone else. Also, playing him instead of someone like Nasri, would hamper our ability to dominate possession and control the game imo.

He's one of the best dribblers in the world at beating multiple men, but his actual delivery, passing and end product isn't actually very good, a lot of the time he looks far more threatening than he actually is, he's nowhere near the productivity of the top attacking players. The amount being suggested for him is probably about double what I think he's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.