Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
LoveCity said:
He will probably play on the left of a midfield 3 if United play the 3-5-2.

Be interesting to see how that pans out. Ancelotti got away with it in Europe and in La Liga because he had world class midfielders around him, but i'm not entirely sure how that's going to work out in the PL. Particularly if the rest of the 3 is going to be Herrera/Carrick or Herrera/Fletcher.

Stinks of a shit vanity purchase to appease the supporters. It's hilarious for so many reasons, not least because they still won't finish in the top 4.

De Jong they seem to be trying to sign as the new holding midfielder, maybe a stop-gap till Van Gaal can get his golden boy Strootman.

Mister Appointment said:
LoveCity said:
He will probably play on the left of a midfield 3 if United play the 3-5-2.

Be interesting to see how that pans out. Ancelotti got away with it in Europe and in La Liga because he had world class midfielders around him, but i'm not entirely sure how that's going to work out in the PL. Particularly if the rest of the 3 is going to be Herrera/Carrick or Herrera/Fletcher.

Stinks of a shit vanity purchase to appease the supporters. It's hilarious for so many reasons, not least because they still won't finish in the top 4.
If he plays on the left of a 3 man midfield in a 352, doesn't that mean no attacking midfielder? Will £40m Mata be binned, or will he used as a terrible wingback or striker? That's the bit that I just don't get, they have a really random collection of players, most of whom aren't remotely suitable for the formation the manager seems to want to play. They possibly have the players to play 4231, except no holding midfielders worth having and a shit defence, along with Rooney never really playing well in the hole. They really should decide on a system before buying people, it's a recipe for disaster

£60m is a hell of a lot of money for someone who has been pretty underwhelming for 3 years out of 4.

In any case, it's a bit like the Mata signing. Utd had no intention of signing either but for whatever reason they both became available and Utd have decided to chuck 100m at them

We got Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero for the same price :)

ElanJo said:
£60m is a hell of a lot of money for someone who has been pretty underwhelming for 3 years out of 4.

In any case, it's a bit like the Mata signing. Utd had no intention of signing either but for whatever reason they both became available and Utd have decided to chuck 100m at them

We got Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero for the same price :)
It seems you can buy class.

Just as Alexis Sanchez won't turn Arsenal into title winners, nor will Di Maria at United. Both great players, and ones we'd have undoubtedly been interested in but for the ridiculous FFP sanctions, but it's not to be.

We've done very good business this summer, and still have a far more balanced squad than either United or Arsenal.

I suspect next summer, with the shackles largely off, we'll be balls out for a big signing ourselves. Reus, perhaps.

Ric said:
Just as Alexis Sanchez won't turn Arsenal into title winners, nor will Di Maria at United. Both great players, and ones we'd have undoubtedly been interested in but for the ridiculous FFP sanctions, but it's not to be.

We've done very good business this summer, and still have a far more balanced squad than either United or Arsenal.

I suspect next summer, with the shackles largely off, we'll be balls out for a big signing ourselves. Reus, perhaps.

If only everyone was as balanced as you.

Or me.

Ric said:

Bingo.

I think he is a fantastic footballer. I also think he is probably the last player on earth that United needed.

I am ashamed to say that as a City fan, I always had a sneaky admiration for Little Richard who they have just shipped out to Sporting Lisbon. Di Maria is obviously an upgrade on Nani but that team just doesn't need a Winger or even a hard - working wide midfield player.

If I was Woodward and yesterday's man; I would spend all next week trying to fetch in Nastasic, Shawcross, Benatia, Hummels ( no matter the cost) for the centre half spot and for midfield; - De Jong, Song, Strootmen (injured I know), Scneiderlin; or even at a vastly inferior level Leon Osman or Mark Noble.
Even nutters like Joey Barton or Lee Cattermole would improve their current central midfield.

Di Maria on his own isn't going to get them fourth spot and a place in the "greed is good" League.

MWPUwiB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.