Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
I can't see us raising £50m this summer but I can see us raising a loan fee to enable us to get him next season, imagine the uproar over the road!

Duncan Castles in The Sunday Times: City join race for £64m Di Maria

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1450275.ece

I can't read the full article but here is a paragraph:

According to a well-placed source, City have asked Di Maria to delay a decision on where he will go as they attempt to solve the Financial Fair Play implications of such an expensive deal. They are seeking to raise about £50m from player sales, with Alvaro Negredo most prominent among the potential departures.
Castles isn't regarded as 100% Duncan by some sages on here for nothing

Jack Wills said:
sam-caddick said:
I can't see us raising £50m this summer but I can see us raising a loan fee to enable us to get him next season, imagine the uproar over the road!

Duncan Castles in The Sunday Times: City join race for £64m Di Maria

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1450275.ece

I can't read the full article but here is a paragraph:

According to a well-placed source, City have asked Di Maria to delay a decision on where he will go as they attempt to solve the Financial Fair Play implications of such an expensive deal. They are seeking to raise about £50m from player sales, with Alvaro Negredo most prominent among the potential departures.

Isn't this just so when he signs for the rags the media can say he snubbed us for his "boyhood club" and thinks Luis Van Pan Face is a tactical genius?
I'm waiting for the article about how the "genius" deliberately made his team lose the first game to secure a bigger transfer budget.

Just thinking how despicable ffp is , how can a system which allows a club which is well documented to have around anything between 200 to 500 mill of debt be allowed to spend another £60 mill when one with no debt can't .
Hope ffp gets blown out of court next year and city and psg screw the living shite out of uefa.
Ffp my arse.

According to the Mail this morning he is definitely going to the.rags for 60 Million BUT apparently his agent approached City after World Cup with a view to coming to the Etihad because he wanted to play with his mates Sergio and Pablo. AND according to the report we said no!
Personally not a great fan of Di Maria and think he is way overpriced for the role he would provide.
We will buy big but not until next season at the earliest when we will begin to look at replacement for Yaya.

blue12 said:
Just thinking how despicable ffp is , how can a system which allows a club which is well documented to have around anything between 200 to 500 mill of debt be allowed to spend another £60 mill when one with no debt can't .
Hope ffp gets blown out of court next year and city and psg screw the living shite out of uefa.
Ffp my arse.

FFP wont be here next year mate, money talks it always as done, and always will do.

FFP has done for us here.

Observer Sport front page says Di Maria was repeatedly offered to City and we turned it down. And we know PSG wanted to buy him as well but couldn't. So MUFC maybe revived by FFP.

On the other hand think of the consequences if they don't get the top 4 now. They'll have ramped up their amortisation and wage costs, their commercial income will take a hit as the value of sponsorship contracts is reduced and they'll be unable to sign any big commercial deals.

Angel di Maria agrees to join Manchester United in £60m deal - after City said no

Aug 23, 2014 22:30 By Simon Mullock

The Citizens were put off by Real Madrid's high demands, but United weren't and will complete a British record deal for the winger

Angel di Maria will join Manchester United in a British record transfer - after rivals Manchester City turned down the chance to sign him.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that United will pay Real Madrid £60million for the Argentina winger.

And they have also agreed to stump up another £7m in add-ons.

The deal will shatter the current British record of £50m paid by Chelsea to Liverpool in January 2011 for Fernando Torres.

United manager Louis van Gaal put Di Maria at the top of his wish list when he name-checked the 26-year-old in an interview with Sunday Mirror Sport earlier this month.

He is the big-name signing that United fans have craved. But they will be devastated to hear that Di Maria's advisers contacted City after the Would Cup to gauge their interest.

The winger wanted to link up at the Etihad with international team-mates Pablo Zabaleta and Sergio Aguero.

But City said they weren't intered.

A senior City source confirmed: "We were approached about the possibility of signing Di Maria. he made it clear he wanted to come here. The deal offered was €75million with another €10m in add-ons. But we were not interested in making it happen.

United, desperate to deliver a stellar name for Van Gaal, haven't been put off.

Woodward was locked in talks with Madrid after the price was set by the European champions.

Di maria has told friends in Spain that he has accepted a £180,000-a-week offer from the Reds.

And he has made it clear he wants the number 7 shirt at Old Trafford.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/angel-di-maria-agrees-join-4096970#ixzz3BIUU2WzK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z3BIUU2WzK</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Two things I got to say about this. First, we're the club where players would want to come and not United. Oh how times change. Second, we won't give extortionately high wages anymore which United need to which sounds rather ironic. Hypocrites!

Would be comedy gold if the Blues managed to convince Madrid to take a loan with a higher fee. Personally not arsed but would turn the RAG meltdown into overdrive ;)

City should just drive the fee as high as possible

Real Madrid's job now is to maximise the fee,. Maybe City interest is being leaked to make sure Utd pay top dollar.

Only way we can do a deal for Di Maria would be to include Negredo in deal, and maybe sell Micah / Nasty. Doesn't sound feasible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.