Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but Zinchenko offers zilch up front and despite playing LB for 2 years still struggles with the basics of defending. I like Zinchenko and love his attitude but would I prefer an actual LB playing at LB? Yes I would.
Zinchenko might not bomb on the overlap and play crosses in but he's very good at through balls and general control and ball retention.

In 45 minutes he put in two better crosses than Zinchenko has in 2 years. Couple of defensive lapses though but a promising second debut.

I'm sorry but Zinchenko offers zilch up front and despite playing LB for 2 years still struggles with the basics of defending. I like Zinchenko and love his attitude but would I prefer an actually LB playing at LB? Yes I would.
That’s harsh, since they play the role differently. With Mendy/Angelino they attack the outside. Zinchenko helps us attack the inside by occupying a midfielder and in theory pulling a man off of David Silva. Depends what area of the pitch Pep wants to attack, which depends on the opponent.

That’s harsh, since they play the role differently. With Mendy/Angelino they attack the outside. Zinchenko helps us attack the inside by occupying a midfielder and in theory pulling a man off of David Silva. Depends what area of the pitch Pep wants to attack, which depends on the opponent.

I think Pep's comments in the press saying we can't attack the way we want to with Zinchenko in the team tells you everything you need. Zinchenko stepped in and did a job. Deserves a lot of credit for doing so but he went and bought Angelino and as soon as Mendy was fit he was straight back in the team. He wants full backs who can attack and Zinchenko will hopefully get some football in his natural position now.

We have been incredible over the past 2 seasons but I firmly believe it has been in spite of our full backs and not because of them. Walker, Zinchenko and Delph have all done a job but for me they’ve had the easiest job in the side. Very little defending to do and not expected to offer anything in attack. It has been a stand in the middle of the park and pass to a centre back job. This team can go to another level with good attacking full backs and I am hoping that between Mendy, Angelino and Cancelo on the other side, we can reach that next level.

I think Pep's comments in the press saying we can't attack the way we want to with Zinchenko in the team tells you everything you need. Zinchenko stepped in and did a job. Deserves a lot of credit for doing so but he went and bought Angelino and as soon as Mendy was fit he was straight back in the team. He wants full backs who can attack and Zinchenko will hopefully get some football in his natural position now.

It feels harsh on zinchenko but I think this is the accurate line. We hadddd to buy Angelino is my only disagreement.

I'm sorry but Zinchenko offers zilch up front and despite playing LB for 2 years still struggles with the basics of defending. I like Zinchenko and love his attitude but would I prefer an actual LB playing at LB? Yes I would.
He doesn't really play as a left back. Only on paper.
Zinchenko has to start most defensive transitions from a tucked in midfield position and should be judged with that in mind.
With Laporte behind him he has done an exceedingly good job last season. End off.
A fit Mendy is ahead of Zinchenko, that much is clear.
A fit Mendy would be ahead of most Leftbacks in world football so not a huge surprise.
With respect. Angelino is a different story entirely. For now...

He did well and put in a great couple of crosses. One lapse could have led to a goal against better teams though. Needs to be careful when defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.