Angelino

It's lazy as fuck bullshit. I gave a detailed breakdown of all the goals we conceded a few weeks or maybe a month ago now and it was very conveniently ignored by the majority because it didn't fit the narrative that we make mistakes and our CB's are to blame for our results, Covid, climate change and Brexit. When actually you're correct, the goals we conceded were primarily from us losing possession in central midfield, nothing to do with defensive errors. Only two goals were defensive errors in my opinion (Walker letting Mane go at the back post and Otamendi not closing down I think Traore at Wolves), plus two Ederson errors at Trafford Park but they're goalkeeping and not defensive errors.

You don’t consider Otamendi’s fuckfest at Norwich to have been a defensive error, or Mendy’s double cock up (getting in Gundogan’s way and then compounding it with one of his trademark ‘wrong foot’ tackles) at Chelsea, or Stones falling over the ball vs Wembley at Villa, or Mendy needlessly trying to shepherd a ball out of play at Wolves that he could easily have cleared, or Otamendi diving in off his feet (as usual) at home to Wolves, to have been defensive errors?

Thanks I think I am improving in my analysis of the game but I tend to forget specifics not helped by the pandemic and and when your at the game you don’t have replays to double check what you have seen or look what’s going on further away from the game but with the constant negativity on here I thought I was completely loosing it by being reasonably positive
"Being reasonably positive" be careful you might get accused of being happy as well.;)

You don’t consider Otamendi’s fuckfest at Norwich to have been a defensive error, or Mendy’s double cock up (getting in Gundogan’s way and then compounding it with one of his trademark ‘wrong foot’ tackles) at Chelsea, or Stones falling over the ball vs Wembley at Villa, or Mendy needlessly trying to shepherd a ball out of play at Wolves that he could easily have cleared, or Otamendi diving in off his feet (as usual) at home to Wolves, to have been defensive errors?
Giving away possession isn't a defensive error, never has been, never will be and you've mentioned three (Otamendi, Mendy and Mendy/Gundogan). Stones was in cup, not league. Otamendi yes against Wolves home, I'll give you that one, to be fair I'm trying to remember those off the top of my head, it's a while since I broke them all down.

I never said we should worry about it, I simply replied to a post suggesting he was good going forward, pointing out he clearly isn't when you look at the stats and also the job we ask him to do because we understand his limitations. The same reason we don't ask Aguero to play CB or Sterling in nets.

Tbh, we are actually not far away from it on here.

Reading the stuff on here:

According to some, we want central defenders, with no pace, who can't head the ball,or tackle, fullbacks often with no pace who can't defend, centre mids who can't run or tackle or score, wingers who don't cross or assist, strikers who don't head the ball.

How much more difficult, can we possibly make it, for ourselves ?

How about we just get players who are typically, traditionally, really good at the typical things needed, to do the typical job required, but are also good at passing the ball & clever, & then get them to play Pep style football instead of handicapping ourselves in several positions every season ?

Walker can sprint forward & put a decent ball in IF there is any point to doing so. But does anyone really want him to, or is his job really to stop & pass it instead ?

Giving away possession isn't a defensive error, never has been, never will be and you've mentioned three (Otamendi, Mendy and Mendy/Gundogan). Stones was in cup, not league. Otamendi yes against Wolves home, I'll give you that one, to be fair I'm trying to remember those off the top of my head, it's a while since I broke them all down.
Hey there could you send me a link to your breakdown of the goals conceded. Had a look but can’t seem to find it. I’d be interested to have a read. Thanks

I’d love to know what does constitute a defensive error then, if Otamendi’s cock up at Norwich doesn’t qualify. Completely oblivious to where his opponents were, despite having all day to have a quick look. And having looked at the footage again, I’d chuck the first goal into the equation as well - Stones letting his man go whilst standing on halfway with his hand in the air and his back turned to half the field so he can’t see Walker doing the complete opposite behind him.

Walker cannot attack, he's brilliant at other things and we'd have been struggling without him but attacking he is certainly not. I reckon I'm better technically, unfortunately I'm also slower than Gundogan (when he had a dislocated knee).
Walker is very good technically, but he's better supplementing midfield and covering the centre halves with his pace. We're at our best when the wingers are given the space to get on with it rather than a full back getting in the way. In my opinion of course!

I’d love to know what does constitute a defensive error then, if Otamendi’s cock up at Norwich doesn’t qualify. Completely oblivious to where his opponents were, despite having all day to have a quick look. And having looked at the footage again, I’d chuck the first goal into the equation as well - Stones letting his man go whilst standing on halfway with his hand in the air and his back turned to half the field so he can’t see Walker doing the complete opposite behind him.

Our front three and midfield three must make a shit load of defensive mistakes then using that logic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.