Angelino

He hasn’t looked good playing that tucked in midfielder role for us. It’s clear he needs to get up and down the line and pick passes to be effective. If we are keeping Walker at fullback I don’t see why he can’t get forward for us like he has in his other clubs. His HG status is really valuable for us so I can’t see why we haven’t done more to try to make it work

It's lazy as fuck bullshit. I gave a detailed breakdown of all the goals we conceded a few weeks or maybe a month ago now and it was very conveniently ignored by the majority because it didn't fit the narrative that we make mistakes and our CB's are to blame for our results, Covid, climate change and Brexit. When actually you're correct, the goals we conceded were primarily from us losing possession in central midfield, nothing to do with defensive errors. Only two goals were defensive errors in my opinion (Walker letting Mane go at the back post and Otamendi not closing down I think Traore at Wolves), plus two Ederson errors at Trafford Park but they're goalkeeping and not defensive errors.
Zinchenko losing possession at Southampton and before you say it getting caught in possession is an error/mistake.

In other words he’s just putting it out to the public that he wants angelino to stay, and angelino wants to stay so let’s hope moneybags City helps them out by offering yet another charity loan deal that has zero benefit to city buy let’s him stay on loan.

If we’re not bringing him back which I think would be a mistake given his club trained status makes him an extra body in the squad then bidding should be around £40 million. He’s better than Chilwell and his price is double that and they’re both homegrown.

Pep hardly played him the first time around and it would be pointless bringing him back the second time after another succesful loan spell and repeating what had happend during his first spell. He is not quite what we are looking for inn a fullback and are better off cutting him loose and not messing him about despite us being short.

I think Pep has already made it fairly obvious that he's not impressed by Angelino ? So a sale & raise some funds, makes sense.

Cancelo is probably our best left-back based on recent evidence, but we certainly haven't been lucky in that position for a long time.

Zinchenko losing possession at Southampton and before you say it getting caught in possession is an error/mistake.
All players lose possession multiple times a game, even strikers, I guess they're all defensive mistakes.

Maybe the reason that we aren't linked to an LB is because Pep is finally convinced that Angeliño can provide sufficient cover.

The 2-3 goals to defensive errors were just in the nine league losses, not all 38 games. I completely agree about our midfield press being poor this season, that in combination with Laporte's injury has been a big factor in our goals against.

I don't know if the stats would back me up or even if there's any data recorded for how we've played this season, however I think from watching every game we've played far more through the middle of the pitch this season which has resulted in us losing possession in dangerous areas and conceding more goals as a result.
You attack as a team and defend as a team.

That's the problem this last season, poor individual defensive errors, lack of mobility in the middle of the park and Jesus apart lack defending/pressing from the forward line.

I don't personally don't think Jesus is good enough, but, he is outstanding in terms of our first line of defence, incredible high energy pressing. I understand why Pep sometimes plays him in front of Kun in big games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.