Angelino

He struggled to hold down the place when Mendy was out injured. We just got to be fair to him and cut him loose

He struggled to hold down a place because he wasn’t given a consistent run in this team and allowed the time to establish himself.

I think it will be an absolute waste if we ship Angelino off this summer and sign another LB.

Slot him into the back line with some competent CB’s, allow him to settle and then judge him.

Haven’t been linked with many others and may explain why the Ait-Nouri links dried up. With no natural left width, we could use him and Cancelo if we want greater flexibility and save Mendy for the 4 at the back. Much better option than Zinchenko.

I think the biggest sign he might be coming back is that he's not been linked with anyone else.

It's mid-august and he's a young (homegrown) attacking LB looking good in a CL semi-final and available for £25m (based on the Leipzig clause).

If he were for sale, I'd expect Leicester and Chelsea to both be linked with him. He's better than both Chillwell and Tagliafico, the 2 those two are buying, and significantly cheaper.

Even if he didn't end up at a club like that, there would be links, City would be putting his name out there.

He struggled to hold down a place because he wasn’t given a consistent run in this team and allowed the time to establish himself.

I think it will be an absolute waste if we ship Angelino off this summer and sign another LB.

Slot him into the back line with some competent CB’s, allow him to settle and then judge him.

He looked just as shaky as Mendy when he was given an opportunty. LB should be one of our higher priorities and its no point messing him about again and we should cash in (whether its at RB or anywhere else)

He looked just as shaky as Mendy. LB should be one of our higher priorities

There isn’t one player in our defence that hasn’t looked shaky this season.

The difference with Angelino is he was a new player, still learning the system, got a handful of inconsistent starts over a scattered period and joined at a time when we were struggling with injuries at the back. He’s then been loaned out mid season and lit up the Bundesliga and reaches a semi final of the CL as one of Leipzig’s best players.

Give him another shot with Laporte, Koulibaly and Ake lining up alongside him and I’m certain we’ll be having a completely different conversation.

There isn’t one player in our defence that hasn’t looked shaky this season.

But again he didn't look convincing either. He looked a better bet at a club where there is less pressure. The fact we loaned him in January out has shown where his future lies and its not a City. It could come back to bite us but I''m not so sure about that.

I think the biggest sign he might be coming back is that he's not been linked with anyone else.

It's mid-august and he's a young (homegrown) attacking LB looking good in a CL semi-final and available for £25m (based on the Leipzig clause).

If he were for sale, I'd expect Leicester and Chelsea to both be linked with him. He's better than both Chillwell and Tagliafico, the 2 those two are buying, and significantly cheaper.

Even if he didn't end up at a club like that, there would be links, City would be putting his name out there.

The lad is fit and works his socks off, and if put in a stable defence he wouldn’t let us down. Would also be a great spur for the other development players. Won’t be fancy enough for some, however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.