Annoying media buzz words.

A few of words that you only here in the media are:

diminutive.

"The diminutive midfielder Shaun Wright Phillips"..I've never heard anyone in real life use that word to describe someone.

fracas

I've never heard anyone say to me there was a fracas in the pub last night, (or a late night altercation for that matter).

training ground "bust-up"..the rest of us stopped using the word "bust-up" in the 70's.. couldn't they just say training ground fracas..erm, hang on..altercation..hmmm!

PS i just went on google to see if i could find some more as these were the only ones I could think of..if you type in "media words" on a UK search..we are top link on google...wahayy!

Rodney said:
tommyducks said:
And Barcodes. Me too.

Thought it was just me - these made up references to other teams are just nonsense - time to stop.

I'm delighted there are other likeminded individuals on this subject. We've even got our own - "Citeh".

Makes me cringe.

not really football related, but i fooking hate the word 'CHAV'
What the fook does it mean??
ITs a made up word, for a reason which we already had a word.
what was up with Scallies, or Townies, or herberts/sherberts or Scrotes?
stupid daily mail, making up shit words!!

"The Claude Makelele role"

Its incredible really. Before he came along there were NO defensive midfielders. No midfielder ever sat infront of the back 4 and protected it. This guy completely revolutionised football, creating this new role, that had previously been unheard and undreamt of. Amazing.

I also hate "The Golden Generation" used embarassingly for England before the 2006 WC. "This England Squad is the Golden Generation", err no, the 66 Squad was, because it actually won something.

Not just media terms but also being used by jealous rivals specifically towards us....'you can't buy class/got no class'....'you can't buy history' ....etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.