Annoying media buzz words.

Why is every single teenager on the planet described as a "starlet"? Even if they are shit, they are still "the Sheffield United starlet" or "the Hamilton Academical starlet" or "the Woking starlet" or "the Blackburn starlet". They aren't starlets ffs! They are shit and have no potential to be a star whatsoever!

I hate that anyone related to football constantly says 'You know....'

Beckham is a killer for it but listen to any football related interview and its almost every other sentance ends with 'You know....'

No - I dont bloody know - thats why Im listening to your annoying interview!

Thaksinssoldier said:
Swoop...that does my fucking head in...
Every bloody transfer is a swoop..even lescott and it's taken 3 months!

"quick garry swoop for kaka"

"I swooped but they bottled it!"

"swoop for lescott then!"

"I'm swooping mark I'm swooping!"

that and "ace"...who actually calls anyone an ace in everyday talk...
Yet in football gelson is a man city ace...ffs

LMAO!!!
Really made me laugh!

Thaksinssoldier said:
Swoop...that does my fucking head in...
Every bloody transfer is a swoop..even lescott and it's taken 3 months!

"quick garry swoop for kaka"

"I swooped but they bottled it!"

"swoop for lescott then!"

"I'm swooping mark I'm swooping!"

that and "ace"...who actually calls anyone an ace in everyday talk...
Yet in football gelson is a man city ace...ffs

Made me laugh so much

doomuk said:
I hate that anyone related to football constantly says 'You know....'

Beckham is a killer for it but listen to any football related interview and its almost every other sentance ends with 'You know....'

No - I dont bloody know - thats why Im listening to your annoying interview!

Stuart Pearce is a classic one for that as well, you know.

For a few years now, that senile tw*t John Motson has been calling injury time 'overtime'. It's not the NBA you w*nker.

When Hughes says:
"They asked questions of us,and in fairness,we...(pauses and puts his chin to his chest,as if he's about to belch)..did'nt apply the required pressure in the right areas"

Majorly.
When did that become an adverb/ adjective?
"We was majorly disappointed by the ref's decision, Brian."

John Motson's mini-orgasm every time "ROOONEY!!!!!" gets a sniff of the ball.

Oh yeah, (as I'm on the subject) "the white Pele":
Nobody (but nobody!) was ever good enough to keep the one and only Pele out of his favoured position - and even if such a situation had arisen, there wouldn't have been any excuses needed for the performances delivered.

"My dad had something special going there":
Or whatever other banality is coming out of Jamie Redknapp's gob at any given moment.
Listen Jim-Jim, your job is to sit and look pretty for the ladies. Nobody gives a toss what you think (especially about your dad and cousin).

"I didn't see the incident":
Why are you in front of the f**king camera spouting about everything else then?

"A platform":
As in: "good players need a platform to perform"
Well, they've got one; it's called a football pitch.

"I need a club to match my ambitions"
Ever think that if you'd not spent the last twelve months moping, bitching and sulking, your current club might have performed a little better?

"The technically gifted Europeans/ methodical Germans/ temperamental Italians/ canny Scots (how can a football team be canny?)/ spirited Irish (like the Irish have a franchise on team spirit)/ Samba soccer (or "samba star" - a samba is a f**king dance!) etc. etc.
Lazy, cliché-ridden journalism.

The ability of RTE (Irish TV) to shoe horn the name of Manchester United into every single conversation about football (League of Ireland; World Cup Final; u/12 final at Phoenix Park - no matter, they MUST be mentioned).

And finally...
I do so hope that by the end of this year, we never, ever have to hear the words "long-suffering City fans" again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.