Another 109 letter about standing

Kun's back pocket said:
Its the law

you agree to abide by club rules when you buy a ticket.

Some of the away games I have been to have had no more atmosphere with all City fans standing - anyone remember Doncaster away in a League cup game?

OK you like standing at a match - so you always get what you want do you?

Some battles just are not worth the cost - one day the club will chuck fans out and not let them back - sell out games mean more fans are looking for tickets, the club is getting close to being able to sacrifice some fans who prove to be difficult.
It isn't the law (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Legalities-of-standing.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Le ... anding.pdf</a>) and if it was the club do nothing about enforcing it on eight blocks already, including the away fans, so this argument is a complete red herring.

We do, and the club can change their rules and change where they allow standing. We stood last season and after five games they gave up trying to enforce it and last season we had stewards telling people to relocate to 109 if they wanted to stand.

It doesn't ensure good atmosphere but it's almost certainly sin qua non.

Might as well try. The overwhelming majority want to stand in 109.

I'm prepared to get chucked out. If the club want to get rid of me, so be it, but permanent bans out for standing when thousands of others do it with no consequence whatsoever is selective punishment. Standing areas are oversubscribed, seating areas are not. Why is it so difficult to come to the most sensible accord possible; let 109 stand and offer to relocate those who don't want to.

Mike D said:
Here we go again another tirade of why should stand
bored_shitless_magnet-p147884400334566066q6ju_400.jpg

ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AND THERE IS MORE CHANCE OF THEM INTRODUCING A SMOKING SECTION.

More chance of a baseball bat and flares section

Going off Big Time (109)

I know there is a new topic created this morning on this but this needs attention:

Tomorrow when ShowSec/GMP and whoever start with their usual tactics, remain silent

if they approach you, do not give them eye contact, and continue to watch the football.

if they speak at you, do not communicate verbally

This will be filmed

What we don't want is fans looking like hooligans, throwing punches and so on.

Let them make the move, their true colours will shine through and they will be exposed around the world on every Social Network imaginable.

Skashion said:
Kun's back pocket said:
Its the law

Some of the away games I have been to have had no more atmosphere with all City fans standing - anyone remember Doncaster away in a League cup game?

Some battles just are not worth the cost - one day the club will chuck fans out and not let them back - sell out games mean more fans are looking for tickets, the club is getting close to being able to sacrifice some fans who prove to be difficult.
It isn't the law (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Legalities-of-standing.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk/media/uploaded/Le ... anding.pdf</a>) and if it was the club do nothing about enforcing it on eight blocks already, including the away fans, so this argument is a complete red herring.

We do, and the club can change their rules and change where they allow standing. We stood last season and after five games they gave up trying to enforce it and last season we had stewards telling people to relocate to 109 if they wanted to stand.

I'm prepared to get chucked out. If the club want to get rid of me, so be it, but permanent bans out for standing when thousands of others do it with no consequence whatsoever is selective punishment. Standing areas are oversubscribed, seating areas are not. Why is it so difficult to come to the most sensible accord possible; let 109 stand and offer to relocate those who don't want to.

I stand corrected on the full legality of standing sections but as your link says it is part of the Law of Torte. The club sells tickets with conditions. In buying we accept the OFFER and unless we formally reject their conditions in handing over the money we accept those conditions and a contract then exists.
City are not going to go against the wishes of the UK government or the EPL and unilaterally create an official standing section especially after the respect shown to the club at the Villareal game by 109. I suspect that the club will want to keep maximum visibility around 109 after being shown their lack of self control at that game. Standing will not provide this.

Re: Going off Big Time (109)

Stevie B said:
I know there is a new topic created this morning on this but this needs attention:

Tomorrow when ShowSec/GMP and whoever start with their usual tactics, remain silent

if they approach you, do not give them eye contact, and continue to watch the football.

if they speak at you, do not communicate verbally

This will be filmed

What we don't want is fans looking like hooligans, throwing punches and so on.

Let them make the move, their true colours will shine through and they will be exposed around the world on every Social Network imaginable.

Only a fraction of us read this forum, it might be worth letting people know on the concourse.

My post has been and gone today, no sign of any letter.

darryl28 said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Anyone got one? From a Steve Sayer, which might confirm rumours that Fletcher is out, and the letter basically says that the majority of 109 wants to sit down(bull) and that fans who persistently stand will be chucked out and a minimum of 3 match ban! A joke, a real joke.

Not had this letter, but my dad who is 3rd row has been randomly picked out and had his seasoncard suspended by the the club.

He also had a letter at the start of the season, which I did not get and neither did my brother who sit with him.

The club know they can't ban a whole block/row, so are just randomly picking on people.

Unfortunately for them he's an expert on consumer law so will take them to the cleaners, as he has to stand to see over the showsec meitherers.

Get real.

Bet HH is reading up on consumer law,tell your dad there,s some good links on
matchday forum.

Kun's back pocket said:
Skashion said:
Kun's back pocket said:
Its the law

I stand corrected on the full legality of standing sections but as your link says it is part of the Law of Torte. The club sells tickets with conditions. In buying we accept the OFFER and unless we formally reject their conditions in handing over the money we accept those conditions and a contract then exists.
City are not going to go against the wishes of the UK government or the EPL and unilaterally create an official standing section especially after the respect shown to the club at the Villareal game by 109. I suspect that the club will want to keep maximum visibility around 109 after being shown their lack of self control at that game. Standing will not provide this.

Read the other thread mate, this has been discussed in depth there.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Anyone got one? From a Steve Sayer, which might confirm rumours that Fletcher is out, and the letter basically says that the majority of 109 wants to sit down(bull) and that fans who persistently stand will be chucked out and a minimum of 3 match ban! A joke, a real joke.

I don't mind them doing their job and saying sit down.

But why lie? Blatant bullshit!

Kun's back pocket said:

City are not going to go against the wishes of the UK government or the EPL and unilaterally create an official standing section

especially after the respect shown to the club at the Villareal game by 109. I suspect that the club will want to keep maximum visibility around 109 after being shown their lack of self control at that game. Standing will not provide this.
I accept it's part of the terms and conditions and if nobody's standing in front of me blocking my view and I get thrown out then I'll know I can't sue.

They can just let us stand like they do for eight blocks already. They let us last season after about five games and they let us renew too under that assumption too - could argue implied terms there, most likely wouldn't work but if we have enough witnesses in 109 who were specifically told they could relocate to stand then they do have a case.

I didn't see any of the missiles thrown from 109 to be honest. Seemed to be 110 and 111 - who already stand, are allowed to and will continue to be allowed to. I suspect, from reading this, you're quite a long way from the action aren't you? Go on, whereabouts in the stadium are you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.