Another blue gone too soon | RIP Barry James

He was a top top Blue and he used to play with my late brother Andrew in O’sheas for years. He was the sort of bloke who would go out of his way for you no bother. Even though I left Mcr a few years ago we kept in touch and I was in Italy on cup final day this year and he phoned up for a chat and told me he was stage 4 with cancer. Not one for sympathy he said I’m going in the Red Lion in Withington dressed as full kit wanker to see the game he didn’t give a fiddlers fart!. He knew everyone and used to be good Pals with Phil Lynott and used to be his gardener till Phil’s death. He was probably one of the best frontmen I ever saw and there was nothing he couldn’t sing if you shouted it up. One of my many happy memories with him was Sheff Wed away (6-2) when Bernabia was playing. He phoned me last week for a good chat and did the same on Monday.What a sad loss I’m still coming to terms with he’s not around. RIP Baz. .

I'm glad he got to see us back at the top. I know he was there for the Aguero moment as one of the comments on his Facebook page said he was on the pitch celebrating. I would gladly have given him my ticket for the cup final but as we lost it is probably just as well he didn't go.

He was a top top Blue and he used to play with my late brother Andrew in O’sheas for years. He was the sort of bloke who would go out of his way for you no bother. Even though I left Mcr a few years ago we kept in touch and I was in Italy on cup final day this year and he phoned up for a chat and told me he was stage 4 with cancer. Not one for sympathy he said I’m going in the Red Lion in Withington dressed as full kit wanker to see the game he didn’t give a fiddlers fart!. He knew everyone and used to be good Pals with Phil Lynott and used to be his gardener till Phil’s death. He was probably one of the best frontmen I ever saw and there was nothing he couldn’t sing if you shouted it up. One of my many happy memories with him was Sheff Wed away (6-2) when Bernabia was playing. He phoned me last week for a good chat and did the same on Monday.What a sad loss I’m still coming to terms with he’s not around. RIP Baz. .
That was a great tribute mate. I was saddened to hear of Andrew's passing as well..2 great blue guys gone too soon. I'll pm you.

There appears to have been a send off for Barry by it looks like his old schoolmates? This was in the Red Beret pub. Not sure if his funeral has happened yet, if not if anyone has any information it would be nice to pay my respects.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1725955492001.jpg
    FB_IMG_1725955492001.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 37
  • FB_IMG_1725955469881.jpg
    FB_IMG_1725955469881.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 37
Any tribute / applause planned for Baz? I heard that his picture will be in the Arsenal programme. He was belting out ‘Ride like the wind’ only a few weeks ago in Chorlton. Hard to believe. RIP.
I don't know if anything has been planned, but I'll be raising a glass to Baz tomorrow pre match.

Barry's funeral details.

It's at 2.30pm at Southern cemetery on the 25th September. I won't be able to go as its too much travelling from Brighton to make it and back to work the following day & I just had six days off for an eye operation.
Another really good friend of his on here @JoeHayes’sDayrider has organised a tribute in the arsenal programme and I think a minutes applause is a brilliant idea in the 60th minute (his age)....maybe at the Arsenal game. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Barry's funeral details.

It's at 2.30pm at Southern cemetery on the 25th September. I won't be able to go as its too much travelling from Brighton to make it and back to work the following day & I just had six days off for an eye operation.
Another really good friend of his on here @JoeHayes’sDayrider has organised a tribute in the arsenal programme and I think a minutes applause is a brilliant idea in the 60th minute (his age)....maybe at the Arsenal game. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks for the update mate, and go for it with the minutes applause, he absolutely deserves that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.