Another good piece by Martin Samuel

The Fat el Hombre said:
Scareye said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
As much as I'd like to see Mourinho at City I can't help but think that he'll kill time till bacon faces moves on.

Cue the usual delusional responses...

Don't think you're delusional mate, just wrong.
I just can't believe that the United job would satisfy Mourinho's ego.
He wouldn't be creating a legacy he would be continuing someone else's.
We however would be a perfect match for him.

So what? And how can managing one of the biggest clubs in the world not satisfy someones ego?

When Fergie retires he has already announced he plans to remain active within the club at a higher boardroom level. Can you see Mourinho acting as a puppet? That job will be the hardest in football for the man directly taking charge after fergie, the only way is down.

ManCitizens. said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Scareye said:

So what? And how can managing one of the biggest clubs in the world not satisfy someones ego?

When Fergie retires he has already announced he plans to remain active within the club at a higher boardroom level. Can you see Mourinho acting as a puppet? That job will be the hardest in football for the man directly taking charge after fergie, the only way is down.

According to Sunday Supplement and that spanish beardy fella who does spanish football JM wants the Rags when Baconface dies of a whiskey overdose. I hope he goes there, see how he does with no money to spend.

Scareye said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
The prospect of Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement is another complication because Mourinho is known to covet the successor’s role at Old Trafford

As much as I'd like to see Mourinho at City I can't help but think that he'll kill time till bacon faces moves on.

I'm pretty sure he is on record saying that at his next job he wants to create a legacy, as I said he wouldn't be doing that at the shithole he would be continuing Ferguson's at least in the short term.
I wouldn't pretend to be an expert or have any inside info, it just strikes me that turning us in to the succesfull global club our owners envisage would suit him far better.

The Fat el Hombre said:
The prospect of Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement is another complication because Mourinho is known to covet the successor’s role at Old Trafford

Hmm..I don't pretend to know Mourinhos character but making an educated guess, he seems to revel in challenges and rubbing peoples nose in it.
I think if he won La Liga, he'd relish the challenge of going to Fergusons big rivals and trouncing him.

Either way, he looks available this year. If he wins it he goes himself, if he doesn't Real sack him for a Newcastle level implosion in the league.

Toon Exile said:
ManCitizens. said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

According to Sunday Supplement and that spanish beardy fella who does spanish football JM wants the Rags when Baconface dies of a whiskey overdose. I hope he goes there, see how he does with no money to spend.

If he were to go there having won the title and the champions league with us, I don't really care, tbh. Biggest worry for me is if their manager retires this summer & JM is at the swamp this August.

Damocles said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Hmm..I don't pretend to know Mourinhos character but making an educated guess, he seems to revel in challenges and rubbing peoples nose in it.
I think if he won La Liga, he'd relish the challenge of going to Fergusons big rivals and trouncing him.

Either way, he looks available this year. If he wins it he goes himself, if he doesn't Real sack him for a Newcastle level implosion in the league.

Just to be clear im Pro Mancini. JM is not stupid, i think City is some what of a poisened chalace for some managers. For example(ephasis on the word example) Say Moyes came to City he would have nothing to lose because hes done well with a team with no resource and he couldnt really damage his reputation too much.

JM would be criticised and ridiculed if he failed to win straight away with City and from the treatment Mancini is getting this yera the fans wiould probably be calling for JM' head.

Scooby Blue said:
I'm in the camp that reckons criticism of Guardiola is a bit unfair...
Of course he is blessed with a super-talented set of players...but their work-ethic is hugely impressive + I feel that his whole "approach" to managing a football club lies far closer to the visions of our owner than Mourinho.

It is definitely unfair..It's not like we are asking Guardiola to coach West Brom or Wigan, we would be asking him to coach Manchester City. We have our own set of world-class players, we just need someone to mold them into a world-class team..the structure wouldn't be so dissimilar from the Barca team..

ManCitizens. said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Scareye said:

Who says he'd be treated like a puppet? Ferguson isn't stupid. Everyone seems to think that Mourinho would be some sort of lapdog going there, he wouldn't. Bacon face has the utmost respect for Mourinho and vice versa

I think Mourinho would be quite glad to follow in the footsteps and maybe even seek a little advice form a man he refers to as (the) 'boss'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.