Another shooting in america

mcmanus said:
TCIB said:
Why the fuck would a middle class lady who teaches kids own a small arsenal.

The weird thing is they've been banging on about how there's such a low crime rate in Newtown so what do you arm yourself with if you lived say in the Bronx with crackheads living nextdoor?

Fear is a strange thing.

I have not really read this thread but it was an assault rifle right, as in a tactical military weapon ?

mcmanus said:
Just watched BBC news and they are now reporting that he shot his mam at home then went to her school. Also the guns belonged to her (2 handguns and a rifle). The rifle was found in the car so he used handguns to kill those at the school. He would probably have had to reload. Bastard.

Why oh why does a household need such firepower? 3 guns WTF for?
From BBC website,

"Dressed in black and wearing a bullet-proof vest, the gunman is thought to have had several weapons, although it is not clear whether he used more than one.

The weapons included two handguns - a Glock and a Sig Sauer - and a .223-calibre rifle, reports said
."

Must have done some sort of forward planning, I mean it's unlikely that the vest would belong to his mother.

The fact of the matter is gun control will likely never happen here. Here's a quote from one of my co-workers on facebook
Look, I'm a gun owner, just like millions of other people. Semi autos arnt any more dangerous because they look like an M16. If you are crazy enough to drive 80 goddamn miles to kill your own mother after offing your brother and THEN have enough moxy left over to blow away 20 kids and 6 teachers... Then Gun control isn't the issue. I can't stand the ignorance of the gun control people on CNN right now.

It really is a different world over there. Best holiday I ever had was two weeks in America. Best day of that holiday was spent drinking shit loads of beer, fishing, and shooting a variety of firearms at whatever target was available.
This wasn't an organised day out, it started out as visiting the brother in law of the friend we were staying with and developed from there.

I remember the drive back to where we were staying as though it was yesterday. 4 of us in a pick up, towing a trailer with my mates car on the back. A loaded .44 Magnum on the dash and the lad driving was chugging on a Bud.

Welcome to small town USA.

stony said:
It really is a different world over there. Best holiday I ever had was two weeks in America. Best day of that holiday was spent drinking shit loads of beer, fishing, and shooting a variety of firearms at whatever target was available.
This wasn't an organised day out, it started out as visiting the brother in law of the friend we were staying with and developed from there.

I remember the drive back to where we were staying as though it was yesterday. 4 of us in a pick up, towing a trailer with my mates car on the back. A loaded .44 Magnum on the dash and the lad driving was chugging on a Bud.

Did you squeal like a pig though ?

It's becoming so common people are starting to be indifferent to all the shootings.

TCIB said:
stony said:

Did you squeal like a pig though ?

It was exactly like that mate. We were staying with a friend of the wifes that she'd met in a yahoo chat room, lol. Yes we really did go to Chicago to stay with people we had never met before.
Anyhoo, they all lived in this huge house in the country and one day Larry(a family member of the wifes friend) asked me if I wanted to go fishing. So I bought a crate of Becks from Wallmart and off we went. His brother had his own land with a river and a cabin and we headed over there. After we got absolutely trollied, he asked if I'd ever shot a gun and then brought out his collection of guns for us to fuck about with.
.22 pistol
.40 pistol
.44 magnum
.22 semi auto rifle with telescopic sights
and a Chinese made AK47.

Great day, pissed as a **** shooting things with rednecks.

We went out for a few beers tonight and were talking about this and some guy said that it's wrong to discuss gun control so soon after a tragedy. This is something the right has been saying for years and people just accept it as proper. I think it's a fucking stupid thing to believe as we have these tragedies all the time and gun control would fucking stop them. (/rant)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.