Another shooting in america

Blue Hefner said:
xdvvkn.jpg

Would have solved everything

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=NAQy8v0d_qo[/youtube]

Here's the article on the 3 murders plus suicide in PA today:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/justice/pennsylvania-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/justice/p ... ?hpt=hp_t1</a>

Blue Hefner said:
In 2011 there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.

That stat would suggest people are being gunned down every day

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... e-us-state</a>
Interesting figure that is. The murder rate of the US is nearly four times higher than in England and Wales, which is pretty much the number of deaths caused there by firearms as a ratio in overall murders. That's not the only issue with firearms though, there's also accidental shootings. There are more accidental shooting deaths each year in the United States than there are murders in England and Wales. Then there's suicide. The suicide rate of the United States is nearly double what it is in the United Kingdom. Firearms are the means used for over half (50.7%) of suicides in the US.

Only in the crazy mindedness of paranoid Americans do guns make a home safer. You are more likely to to shoot a family member accidentally or your children are more likely to commit suicide with them. The gun lobby loves to talk about the defensive use of guns and how they can be used to stop intruders. Yeah, fantastic argument. What happens in Britain if someone breaks in to steal something. They steal and leave, you get a crime number, your insurance pays for it. Nobody dies. So basically, the argument of the gun lobby means that the right to defend your property is more important than the right to life, and, say, perhaps leaving it to the police to deal with criminals instead of taking it into your own hands. Fucking idiots. Round up the idiots, give them their own state, remove the police, and give them all guns.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I read this thread and saw that Lucky13 and johnsonontheleft had harnessed their vast intellects in support of gun ownership.
It slowly dawned on me that not owning a gun has undoubtedly saved my life,because I would have used it on myself in sheer despair.
Bloody hell mate you should of said, I could of lent you one:)

andyhinch said:
I read this thread and saw that Lucky13 and johnsonontheleft had harnessed their vast intellects in support of gun ownership.
It slowly dawned on me that not owning a gun has undoubtedly saved my life,because I would have used it on myself in sheer despair.

:)
I think Mrs Fetlocks would have done the deed years ago mate,although being French she would probably surrender before firing a shot in anger.

andyhinch said:

:)
I think Mrs Fetlocks would have done the deed years ago mate,although being French she would probably surrender before firing a shot in anger.
;)

I'm undecided on the topic you cretin. If you could read then maybe you'd have worked that out.

Job centre closed today?

Skashion said:
Blue Hefner said:
In 2011 there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.

That stat would suggest people are being gunned down every day

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... e-us-state</a>
Interesting figure that is. The murder rate of the US is nearly four times higher than in England and Wales, which is pretty much the number of deaths caused there by firearms as a ratio in overall murders. That's not the only issue with firearms though, there's also accidental shootings. There are more accidental shooting deaths each year in the United States than there are murders in England and Wales. Then there's suicide. The suicide rate of the United States is nearly double what it is in the United Kingdom. Firearms are the means used for over half (50.7%) of suicides in the US.

Only in the crazy mindedness of paranoid Americans do guns make a home safer. You are more likely to to shoot a family member accidentally or your children are more likely to commit suicide with them. The gun lobby loves to talk about the defensive use of guns and how they can be used to stop intruders. Yeah, fantastic argument. What happens in Britain if someone breaks in to steal something. They steal and leave, you get a crime number, your insurance pays for it. Nobody dies. So basically, the argument of the gun lobby means that the right to defend your property is more important than the right to life, and, say, perhaps leaving it to the police to deal with criminals instead of taking it into your own hands. Fucking idiots. Round up the idiots, give them their own state, remove the police, and give them all guns.

And like I said earlier, more and more states are passing "stand your ground" laws that allow you to shoot and kill someone if you feel threatened. Personally, if somebody broke into my house to steal something I would feel horrible if I ended up taking a life because somebody wanted my computer. I'd probably never get over the horrible feeling of being responsible for taking a human life.

I actually listen to a local radio show on Saturdays that is hosted by an attorney who specializes in gun rights and works to get gun permits for felons. 99% of the callers are basically asking for permission to shoot somebody. "Can I kill someone for stealing lawn furniture?" or "Can I shoot somebody who enters my open garage?" and dumbass shit like that are all you hear. I swear these people a going to start leaving piles of money in their front yard just so they can shoot somebody for trying to take it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.