Another shooting in america

Two firefighters killed and another two wounded by a gunman while responding to a call. The house was on fire and the gunman apparently waited for them to exit their vehicles before opening fire.

buckshot said:
Two firefighters killed and another two wounded by a gunman while responding to a call. The house was on fire and the gunman apparently waited for them to exit their vehicles before opening fire.

You know the NRA solution to this one.
Arm the firefighters.
And the girl on the switchboard.
And her family,friends,neighbours and family pets.
You can't be too careful.
Guns don't kill - footballs do.

Twas the lead story on Sky News at around 4 o'clock here but they mentioned it wasn't the lead on Yank telly.

NRA will just say well they should have been locked and loaded. Let's be honest the first thing you'd think of before going putting out a fire or rescuing a cat from a tree is 'I better have my gunzzz with me'. It's common sense.

Gun-Nuts1.jpg

And now it's a cop and innocent bystander dead with another victim in bad shape after a high speed chase in Houston.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/us/houston-police-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/us/housto ... ?hpt=hp_t2</a>

gordondaviesmoustache said:
These two incidents tonight underline why the guns for self-defence argument advanced by the gun lobby is such a ridiculous one.

What use is a gun to you if someone shoots at you from a passing car or from the relative safety of the cover that a house provides?

And now a nutjob has killed 2 firemen.

I just despair mate

Rascal said:
These two incidents tonight underline why the guns for self-defence argument advanced by the gun lobby is such a ridiculous one.

What use is a gun to you if someone shoots at you from a passing car or from the relative safety of the cover that a house provides?

I just despair mate
Maybe if the firetrucks had been loaded with guns instead of rescue equipment, this whole thing could have been avoided.

Guns aren't the problem with gun crime, they are the solution.

Bluemoon115 said:
Rascal said:

I just despair mate
Maybe if the firetrucks had been loaded with guns instead of rescue equipment, this whole thing could have been avoided.

Guns aren't the problem with gun crime, they are the solution.

Agreed. We should just start painting tanks red and using them. Once blast of a good howitzer would put the fire out.

Blue Hefner said:
ElanJo said:
It's worth pointing out that gun related violence have been declining in the US.

It's not as if dozens of people are being gunned down in the streets every day.

And this tragedy would have occurred anyway despite the policy changes most gun control advocates push for.

So, yet again, another tragedy ends up being used by most (belonging to both sides) to push their own agenda.

It's quite sickening to see.

In 2011 there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.

That stat would suggest people are being gunned down every day

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... e-us-state</a>

Yes, there are shootings every day but that wasn't my point.

I'm talking about mass shootings which seems to be the only thing that people get worked up about. They're rare and barely make up a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

There are much bigger and much more solvable problems in the US. Some of which contribute heavily towards their homicide statistics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.