Another transitional season? No.

I don’t think it’s transitional, I think we’re on the decline.

I actually look at our team now and see parallels with Arsenal in the second half of Wenger’s tenure.

Flatter to deceive, the style of our football makes us look better than we are. We’ll turn up one week and twat some cunts 6-0 but that fools everyone into believing we’re still as good as we were from 2017-2019, when we’re not. We also lack fight and tenacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't defend. More or less every game, there'll be a basic error (or 5). You won't win titles defending like we're doing. Even at Wolves, there was a 15-20 minute period in the second half when we were on the ropes. Somehow, we got through it and saw the game out. But that's not going to be the case every time.
It’s all about the midfield!

Our defenders are generally good, but with our tactics our midfield are nowhere near of a good enough standard and our defenders are exposed and gaps around them and behind them are exploited too often because our midfield is not good enough.

This happened with our tactics when we had the best midfield in the world but not half as much as now with our slow as fuck midfield who give the ball away for fun. Now I’m not even sure we have the best midfield in Manchester.

We could sign Baresi and Beckenbauer but we’d still be a de Bruyne injury away from finishing outside the top4.

Last edited by a moderator:
"transitional" sounds like a bollocks excuse that team in red use.

I would say having numerous injuries, poor transfer planning combined with the short summer break has contributed to the poor performance.

We are in need a CB and LB.

Sadly Mendy isn't the player we signed after been plagued with injury, I'm not sure if this has hampered his ability/confidence and whether his form can be reignited. I know there's haters on here but he was superb for Monaco. He is not the player we signed for the first 10 games who was burning the opposition for pace and putting in fantastic crosses.

It’s all about the midfield!

Our defenders are generally good, but with our tactics our midfield are nowhere near of a good enough standard and our defenders are exposed and gaps around them and behind them are exploited too often because our midfield is not good enough.

This happened with our tactics when we had the best midfield in the world but not half as much as now with our slow as fuck midfield who give the ball away for fun. Now I’m not even sure we have the best midfield in Manchester.

We could sign Baresi and Beckenbauer but we’d still be a de Bruyne injury away from finishing outside the top4.

It's not about the midfield. Our midfield looked good against Real. It looked good when we trashed Liverpool 4:0. It wasn't bad even at Anfield where controversial decisions and mistakes from the defenders made it difficult for us. Real may not be a great force now but they are champions. And we made them look like a midtable team for big periods in both games.

Of course, the defenders are the bigger problem. Walker is always capable of brainfarts, injuries have ruined Mendy and probably Stones too, Laporte is still recovering from his bad injury, Garcia may become a decent defender some day but is incredibly inexperienced right now. Cancelo isn't exactly a LB even though he can do a job there...How are we having bigger problems in midfield than in defence? Not even close.

Last edited:
"transitional" sounds like a bollocks excuse that team in red use.

I would say having numerous injuries, poor transfer planning combined with the short summer break has contributed to the poor performance.

We are in need a CB and LB.

Sadly Mendy isn't the player we signed after been plagued with injury, I'm not sure if this has hampered his ability/confidence and whether his form can be reignited. I know there's haters on here but he was superb for Monaco. He is not the player we signed for the first 10 games who was burning the opposition for pace and putting in fantastic crosses.

It's a reality that some of the greatest players in PL history left City or are not what they used to be. Of course, you don't replace such players overnight and continue to rack up 100 pts per season. Injuries made the transition more painfil than it should have been. Hopefully, we will build a new strong team fairly quickly. Once we have all currently missing players back, we will get strong again. It's not guaranteed to happen but I believe it will happen already this season.

I don’t think it’s transitional, I think we’re on the decline.

I actually look at our team now and see parallels with Arsenal in the second half of Wenger’s tenure.

Flatter to deceive, the style of our football makes us look better than we are. We’ll turn up one week and twat some cunts 6-0 but that fools everyone into believing we’re still as good as we were from 2017-2019, when we’re not. We also lack fight and tenacity.

Watford has been relegated, but we can still bully West Ham I suppose.

If we are to persist compacting a team in there own half...are we guilty of trying to force the opening thus losing possession

Maybe be we should keep control forcing the opposition out of there own half

Just a thought

We give the ball away for fun trying to force it.

If we cant keep up heavy pressing for more than 20-30 minutes per match we should not use high defensive line for more than 20-30 minutes either, simple as that.

Even Liverpool cannot press for 90 minutes but they shield that back line often with a trio of Keita, Wijnaldum, Fabinho which trio does not have 10% of KDB's creativity in them but have the workrate, engine to help stopping counters, to offer good positioning, track back, stop attacks, offer help in wide areas when Robertson and TAA are roaming forward leaving space behind themselves.

What we have when we lose ball? concede clear chances within 5 seconds regularly?

Tactical transition is needed big time and lot of balance too...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.