Another transitional season? No.

All tactical systems get sussed eventually and I think we are just entering that period with our's. The opposition now just pack the defence, wait for for our defenders to over commit and play a ball into the masses of space behind. Even with a sweeper keeper as good as Ederson the fact that virtually every side we play has two or three one on one's with the keeper tells it's own story. Arsenal in the FA Cup Semi, Lyon, Chelsea away, Leicester at home. All losses against decent sides packing the defence. We need innovation, should be interesting.

I think this team is finished (for want of a better word), similar to how Pellegrini’s team had run its course by the end of his tenure with Yaya Nasri Zaba Sanga Clichy Kolarov Džeko all leaving or playing into a decline in their quality (although we waited another season before changing that team). We’re seeing the same now with Kompany DSilva Sané Otamendi and soon Kun and Fernandinho having left or on their way out.

I think we need a refresh of the squad with some eyebrow raising transfers out and some really big mouthwatering signings in.
New left back, new forward, new holding midfielder and that's the squad complete.
As much as I love Fernandinho his legs have gone, mendy would be great as an out and out left winger as he's horrific as a defender and you need at least 4 forwards if we got aspirations of winning the league again, we got a month with no recognised striker apart from 17 year old Delap.
And I cant see us bringing a left back or a holding midfielder or a forward in before the window shuts but as a team we are far from finished.

I don’t think it’s transitional, I think we’re on the decline.

I actually look at our team now and see parallels with Arsenal in the second half of Wenger’s tenure.

Flatter to deceive, the style of our football makes us look better than we are. We’ll turn up one week and twat some cunts 6-0 but that fools everyone into believing we’re still as good as we were from 2017-2019, when we’re not. We also lack fight and tenacity.
What he says

New left back, new forward, new holding midfielder and that's the squad complete.
As much as I love Fernandinho his legs have gone, mendy would be great as an out and out left winger as he's horrific as a defender and you need at least 4 forwards if we got aspirations of winning the league again, we got a month with no recognised striker apart from 17 year old Delap.
And I cant see us bringing a left back or a holding midfielder or a forward in before the window shuts but as a team we are far from finished.

4 forwards ?

If this is the transitional season, what was last season?

It might be one of 2 or more transitional seasons. Or, in case Dias hits the ground running, the transition may end in the following months and we go for the big trophies already this season.

It might be one of 2 or more transitional seasons. Or, in case Dias hits the ground running, the transition may end in the following months and we go for the big trophies already this season.
If certain teams are anything to go by, it could be a never ending transitional season.

The main transision that i think we need is in Pep's approach, we make far too many changes week in week out. I think we also need to be a lot more pragmatic and be more willing to have a solid defensive base.
We should be able to name 8 or 9 of the starting 11 every game without fail and only rotate for injury.

I would be looking at this being the starting line up whenever possible. Not sure if Pep see's Ake playing at left back but Mendy and Zinchenko are not the answer.

------------------------EDDIE-----------------------
WALKER--------DIAS--------LAPORTE--------AKE
-----------------------RODRI------------------------
---------------KDB-------------BERNY--------------
STERLING-----------AGUERO--------------FODEN

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.