Antoine Griezmann

There are the fans (Most, including myself, do not want), board (Bartomeu wants) and Valverde (Who knows what he wants but based on what little confidence he has shown with youth, I suspect he prefers a proven goal scoring veteran from the Primera rather than youth project in Jovic)

The fallout with him is linked to the dramatic way he rebuffed Barcelona last summer and instead got a bumper deal at Atletico - he’d have to take a big cut in salary, I just don’t see it happening

Love the profile of a player like Griezmann, particularly with how fearless he is but question of fit (He doesn’t want to play as a winger anymore which means he’d occupy same space as Leo since he’s not a #9 either) and salary/fee. I’d prefer a striker and wide player acquired with Coutinho dumped - Malcom as well if Valverde refuses to play him
Thanks FCBarca.

Great player but not got 2 brain cells to rub together.
jpdmrhsonl401.jpg

Pass from me

I'd take this guy, but think he blew his chance at a big move. A real late bloomer, but not had the best of seasons compared to his previous 3.

It was said that Laporte doesn't get along with some of the French players and that's the reason he's left out of the squad. With Griezman and Pogba there I don't blame him.

If Griezmann is available and is willing to join us for a reasonable salary - then we'd be foolish not to sign him.

Griezmann is enormously talented - among the best strikers in world football. That's obvious.

Perhaps his personality/work-ethic might come into question. If Pep deems these issues a bridge too far - then so be it.

But - assuming that Pep and our management is willing to give Griezmann a go - and assuming that Griezmann will transfer to us for a reasonable price - then what's to lose? The guy is obviously world-class and, IMO, exactly fits our side.

Last edited:
There are no issues with his work ethic IMHO, he's professional. Just a bit wank with his celebrations

There are no issues with his work ethic IMHO, he's professional. Just a bit wank with his celebrations
Yep - if we fail to sign Griezmann on the basis of his poor celebrations... that will be extremely unfortunate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.