Antoine Griezmann

I have just never been overly impressed with Griezmann, plus if we are spending £100m on a player, I would like to think he is right at the top of his game, to justify the fee. By all accounts, he is having a very average season.

I expect you are correct about Kane but as we are currently seeing with the Sanchez saga, money talks. A Spurs side building a shiny, new and very expensive stadium will be selling to the highest bidder should they not make top 4 this season.

I agree to an extent, he’s definitely hot and cold this season but that’s what the whole Atletico team have been like. I feel Griezmann has better build up play than Aguero and that would bring more to this team than what Aguero is currently doing. And if there’s any manager in the world who can motivate and get the best out of a player, it’s Pep. For €100m too, it’s not going to get you very far in terms of world class players in this market so Griezmann could prove to be a bargain considering Lukaku and Morata went for £75m each.

I’m not so sure Kane is the money grabbing type considering he hasn’t kicked him toys out the pram on his £100k a week at Spurs when he could be on double or even triple that. He’s certainly world class and would improve our side though.

Sanchez > Griezmann
I'll admit that I haven't seen Griezmann play this season so no idea what his current form is like but in the previous few seasons I'd say he's been excellent and would fit well into our team in footballing terms. Sanchez's form last season was fantastic and if you get that Sanchez then great but there are no guarantees and he's been really poor this season. Griezmann is significantly younger, would cost more but would have sell on value. I think it's swings and roundabouts tbh in terms which would be a better signing. Someone on here was suggesting there are question marks regarding Griezmann's personality, I don't know anything about that but it's obviously another consideration but then supposedly Sanchez is an awkward **** to have around.

Griezmann's two of the most recent games. Shows exemplary link-up play, rarely loses the ball - just what's needed. His scoring form leaves a lot to be desired though, but it's difficult to score for Atletico this season. I watched a lot of France games last year and think currently Griezmann is worse than Mbappe but better than Jesus. Would fit City very well, Pep is Antoine's admirer since his Sociedad days.

Greizmann is pure class and if he was thinking of going to the rags why wouldn't he come to the blue side definitely a more suitable option and yes there's rumours going to Barcelona but only rumours

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-manchester-united-sanchez-guardiola-14155156

James Robson reports: “Guardiola - who City insiders say is in complete agreement with their stance - has been told money will be made available in summer for him to strengthen what is already the deadliest strike force in the Premier League. Atletico Madrid striker - and United target - Antoine Griezmann is one player admired by Guardiola, who was interested in signing the Frenchman last season.”

How's James Robson's track record?
Could we play Bernardo centrally and sign them both(Griezmann and Sanchez) in an act of sheer opulence?

Robson really doesn't know that much - he just likes to regurgitate info.

James has been bang in with City the past two years. He was the first to cover the Fred news also.

IMO Griezmann is just a name that people bandy around for a striker similar to Higuain, Cavani etc. I don’t think he’s that good and has been poor and dare I say it not turned up in the big games. Take Dybala tho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.