Any Bluemoon fishermen/women?

Not trying to be rude or anything, what's the reason for fishing carp? Do they put up a good fight? I don't fish much myself but over here the only people you would normally see fishing for carp are the Chinese guys and they eat them. When I do fish it's on the lake and we're after Pickerel, Perch and small and large mouth Bass. Ice fishing in the winter for lake trout as well. I have 500 plus gallons of fish tanks in my basement that I get my fish enjoyement from.

Just got my Todmorden angling membership today, sadly couldn't get much done due to having to have a photo on my membership. Getting strict! Haven't fished for several years and I'm really looking forward to getting my tackle out......

Barcon said:
Not trying to be rude or anything, what's the reason for fishing carp? Do they put up a good fight? I don't fish much myself but over here the only people you would normally see fishing for carp are the Chinese guys and they eat them. When I do fish it's on the lake and we're after Pickerel, Perch and small and large mouth Bass. Ice fishing in the winter for lake trout as well. I have 500 plus gallons of fish tanks in my basement that I get my fish enjoyement from.
Don't know, I fish for salmon, sea trout and like beach casting for sea bass dabs etc, can't see the point if I'm not going to eat the end product.

mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:
pieface said:
I have been in a few mainly to fish different stretches of the Dane,not Albert though.
I have fished one of their waters a few years ago,its on the River Mawdach,a sea trout pool next to an old road bridge between dolgellu and Barmouth,have you been there?beautiful place .I am joining lymm anglers next week so i get my card for the glorious sixteenth and fish this mill pool on the Eye
peover-eye_01.jpg
I was in Lymm for many years. I fished some of their river stretches on the Dane and Severn but fished lymmvale intently for the carp for 5 years or so. I absolutely adored the place because of its beauty, tranquility and rich wildlife. It's not the water it was now as the stock isn't as good, and the felling of some trees on the far bank reduced the beauty a bit. But id urge you to give it a go because its the most spell bounding lake I think I've ever fished. Tablet moat is up there too. But I left Lymm because it does attract a fair few idiots, and after lymmvale changed there wasn't much left for me. It's a club which has had it's problems but it seems to be turning those around.

If you are going to give it a go on there PM me and I'll pass on all I can. I really did fish the place hard so could certainly help you.

My syndicate is on the River Swale in North yorks. Don't use the ticket much any more to be honest. I was in another syndicate on The Trent too but the water was sold recently.

I learned to catch barbel on The Dane and still like the odd trip back. Lovely little river.

I think I fished the place you refer to, the peavor eye. Tiny little stream with chub, trout, grayling etc? Near tabley?

That's where I was this evening! Lovely little water I was fishing dry fly and caught 2 small brown trout and, curiously a rainbow of about a pound on little hopper flies.

Dave, I want to fish the Dane for barbel - Sweetenham looks good in the PAAS book? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I fish at swettenham every winter for the grayling and chub. I like to use my centre pin and stick float down there. It's not a barbel stretch at all but it is really beautiful. Catches have fallen away and there are otters and cormorants filling their boots. If you want Dane barbel on the PAAS card I'd say go for manor farm. Send us a pm if you decide to go there and ill see if I can help. Or if you want to go to swettenham for the other species. Plenty of trout there too.

I'm your opposite: would love to learn to fly fish and have never tried.

mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:
pieface said:
I have been in a few mainly to fish different stretches of the Dane,not Albert though.
I have fished one of their waters a few years ago,its on the River Mawdach,a sea trout pool next to an old road bridge between dolgellu and Barmouth,have you been there?beautiful place .I am joining lymm anglers next week so i get my card for the glorious sixteenth and fish this mill pool on the Eye
peover-eye_01.jpg
I was in Lymm for many years. I fished some of their river stretches on the Dane and Severn but fished lymmvale intently for the carp for 5 years or so. I absolutely adored the place because of its beauty, tranquility and rich wildlife. It's not the water it was now as the stock isn't as good, and the felling of some trees on the far bank reduced the beauty a bit. But id urge you to give it a go because its the most spell bounding lake I think I've ever fished. Tablet moat is up there too. But I left Lymm because it does attract a fair few idiots, and after lymmvale changed there wasn't much left for me. It's a club which has had it's problems but it seems to be turning those around.

If you are going to give it a go on there PM me and I'll pass on all I can. I really did fish the place hard so could certainly help you.

My syndicate is on the River Swale in North yorks. Don't use the ticket much any more to be honest. I was in another syndicate on The Trent too but the water was sold recently.

I learned to catch barbel on The Dane and still like the odd trip back. Lovely little river.

I think I fished the place you refer to, the peavor eye. Tiny little stream with chub, trout, grayling etc? Near tabley?

That's where I was this evening! Lovely little water I was fishing dry fly and caught 2 small brown trout and, curiously a rainbow of about a pound on little hopper flies.

Dave, I want to fish the Dane for barbel - Sweetenham looks good in the PAAS book? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I fish at swettenham every winter for the grayling and chub. I like to use my centre pin and stick float down there. It's not a barbel stretch at all but it is really beautiful. Catches have fallen away and there are otters and cormorants filling their boots. If you want Dane barbel on the PAAS card I'd say go for manor farm. Send us a pm if you decide to go there and ill see if I can help. Or if you want to go to swettenham for the other species. Plenty of trout there too.

Barcon said:
Carp fishing is the fastest growing form if fishing in the uk. They are very big, very clever and very hard fighting. And it's something of a lifestyle choice. You camp on the bank for days and nights on end, you have to work very hard to get good and a carp fishing session is about immersing yourself in nature, becoming part of the bank side, getting away from it all. And it's punctuated by moments of dramatic intensity.

You can get stoned if you want, too ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Try it, it's a different experience but I find it more challenging/frustrating

Didsbury Dave said:
Barcon said:
Carp fishing is the fastest growing form if fishing in the uk. They are very big, very clever and very hard fighting. And it's something of a lifestyle choice. You camp on the bank for days and nights on end, you have to work very hard to get good and a carp fishing session is about immersing yourself in nature, becoming part of the bank side, getting away from it all. And it's punctuated by moments of dramatic intensity.

You can get stoned if you want, too ;-)

Now I get it. Fishing for me is drinking and getting stoned in a boat. Occasionaly a fish interupts. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.