Any City match-day superstitions?

I used to have a no shave, same boxers, no red sauce superstition policy for match days.

The game when the Sheikh came when we beat Liverpool 3-0 at home, I wore different boxers to the usual and had a burger with red sauce on. I also wore completely different clothes for the semi-final to the final in the FAC in 2011 and we won both 1-0.

I realised superstitions were a load of old shite.

I rarely, if ever, shave anymore anyway; I wear anything I pick out on match days; but I still don't have red sauce on principal though. I don't do red and neither should we with our away kits!

I think my fingernail thing started in 1983. I used to pull in at a little shop on Wilbraham Road on my way to Maine Rd and buy a packet of five small cigars, and puff my way through them before and during the game. One terrible day I forgot, or was too stressed because it was the crucial end of the season match v Luton, and of course the inevitable happened, as we all know.
I have blamed myself ever since for our relegation that day, knowing I should have bought the cigars. That was the start of our decline (barring a brief period in the early 90s), and I have always understood the importance of ritual in supporting a football team.
I'm certainly not cutting my nails on the morning of the semi, no matter how long they are. I am also losing my marbles, I think.

Jordan CTID said:
I stand up until the first whistle and then immediately shout 'come on city' and clap three times.
I always leave 10 minutes from the end. Haven't seen us lose in 3 seasons

For years I bought the city home and away shirt and then stopped at the start of the 2010-11 season which we ended up winning the cup ,I then also didn't buy last seasons shirts and well we know what happened.
Anyway I bought all three this season and up to now it's not been the best ,so absolutely 100 percent I will never purchase another replica shirt again I promise !

Big Swifty said:
On a day City are playing I never ever cut my fingernails (before the game, that is). I dare not, because if I do, we lose. I literally cannot remember the last time I did. It is illogical - how can cutting my fingernails determine whether we play well, Dzeko miises a chance or Tevez misses a penalty? But I simply DARE not cut them. I am terrified to.
Am I demented, or has anyone else a City-based superstition?
Sweet fuck...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.