Any Long Covid sufferers on here?

Fucks sake pal,that is rough.

Did you have all the jabs? At what stage did you notice the symptoms begin?
Yeah...I caught COVID a week after having the booster. Never recovered really. I go to the COVID clinic every month now. Good help.
Somebody actually told me it's my own fault for having the vaccines. The unvaccinated are 15% more likely to develop Long COVID after having COVID....so it's clearly NOT vaccine related.
Another problem we have is that a lot of people don't care about COVID any more...they want it gone. No mention of it. So no fucker cares. I was reading an article about how long COVID sufferers have been shunned by friends and family because they want to deny the seriousness of it.

Anyone suffering from constant sores inside the nose since having Covid?

Fucking painful and looking like Rudolph isn’t great either.

Yeah, I have this sort of sore just inside my left nostril and takes about 1 to 2 weeks to clear up, it feels like a cold sore and very painful for the first 3 or 4 days even with the cream I use,

funny enough, I get this every 8 to 12 weeks even in the summer, it first starts then it to turn into a full-blown flu or cold that turns into a chest infection, I even do a covid test and nothing shows up ? Am into my first week of it again this year and i can bet just before the summer it will flair up again

Yeah, I have this sort of sore just inside my left nostril and takes about 1 to 2 weeks to clear up, it feels like a cold sore and very painful for the first 3 or 4 days even with the cream I use,

funny enough, I get this every 8 to 12 weeks even in the summer, it first starts then it to turn into a full-blown flu or cold that turns into a chest infection, I even do a covid test and nothing shows up ? Am into my first week of it again this year and i can bet just before the summer it will flair up again
That's so me. 8-12 weeks. Started ten days ago for me. I get the dents in your fingernails that show when you've been ill. 2-4 per nail. Spread out exactly. 8-12 weeks. Summer is what made my laugh the most. I cannot WAIT for the sun. Then it gets just a little hot, and I'm fucked again, sat there with all the curtains drawn keeping the noisy smelly world out.

But I don't get the full blown flu or chest infection. I don't get any cold symptoms any more at all. Just a runny nose and a sore throat, could miss either.

Get. Your. Cholesterol. Checked. Cannot overstate this.

My son has it. Must be six months in. He was a very fit 30s cyclist. Not any more. Sore legs, dodgy guts and extreme fatigue. Seems to be zero support up here either. His GP has told him to accept that this will be a medium/long term affliction and learn to live with it. It certainly makes you wary of the infection still that it can be life changing. I heard on the radio this week that current estimates are 2m + sufferers in the UK.

That's so me. 8-12 weeks. Started ten days ago for me. I get the dents in your fingernails that show when you've been ill. 2-4 per nail. Spread out exactly. 8-12 weeks. Summer is what made my laugh the most. I cannot WAIT for the sun. Then it gets just a little hot, and I'm fucked again, sat there with all the curtains drawn keeping the noisy smelly world out.

But I don't get the full blown flu or chest infection. I don't get any cold symptoms any more at all. Just a runny nose and a sore throat, could miss either.

Get. Your. Cholesterol. Checked. Cannot overstate this.

I do every year and am on tablets for blood pressure and Cholesterol, I even do the vitamins D and multi vitamins every day and B12 spray, but for the past 2 years it's like clockwork with the sore nose and flu or cold like symptoms then into chest infections,

COVID-19 and the vaccines and long term covid needs a big review, I can see years and years of side effects from the vaccines, the genetics make up with long term covid symptoms will lead to all sorts of defects

Yeah...I caught COVID a week after having the booster. Never recovered really. I go to the COVID clinic every month now. Good help.
Somebody actually told me it's my own fault for having the vaccines. The unvaccinated are 15% more likely to develop Long COVID after having COVID....so it's clearly NOT vaccine related.
Another problem we have is that a lot of people don't care about COVID any more...they want it gone. No mention of it. So no fucker cares. I was reading an article about how long COVID sufferers have been shunned by friends and family because they want to deny the seriousness of it.
Sorry to hear you are still suffering.
I had long Covid, still do sort of..
I went from walking 9 miles every day to just about being able to walk around the house, heart rate hitting 130bpm.
I felt like my legs were made of lead.
I tried to push on through, then my heart rate hit 170bpm walking the dogs, so I did nothing for 3 months.
Then I started walking around the house, I did half a mile for a few weeks, then a mile and so on.
When I hit 3 mile I felt like I’d reached my limit, so I stuck at that for a few months, walking the dogs at a gentle pace and eventually I managed to up it once again.
Took me just over a year to really start to get over it.
Now I’m back to walking 8 mile a day, but I’m probably about 75% of where I was before, it feels like it’s aged me about 10 years.
I’m ok walkimg but if I do any heavy lifting etc I tire very quickly.
The turning point for me was having the vaccine, now that could just be coincidence but it certainly didn’t make me feel worse.
It’s an awful disease for some people, while others it hardly affects them.
I genuinely thought this is it, I’m not getting any better than this.
I googled some of my symptoms at the time and 2 things came up, MND and Parkinson’s.
Scary!
Hopefully there’s light at the end of the tunnel for you, however slow it maybe.

Anyone suffering from constant sores inside the nose since having Covid?

Fucking painful and looking like Rudolph isn’t great either.

I have this or it’s doppelgänger.
I’m 99.9% sure that I’ve not had covid, our precautions are mainly full on exclusion.
My missus has a serious autoimmune condition and covid would kill her so we’ve never left lockdown, still wear masks whenever we go to the shop, don’t take visitors & haven’t even been into the homes of immediate family so no family Xmas or birthday celebrations, we haven’t even hugged the grandchildren since it all started (which is the worse of it as means that we’ve never held the youngest).

Anyhow, over the last year I’ve had the regular sore nose thing so it might be due to something else maybe?
It manifests itself as what feels like a cold sore then flares up to form a hard and sore area around the nostril/s.
After weeks of being a Schnozzola Durante impersonator it finishes with a scab inside the nose that lasts for ages and bleeds like glory if you disturb it.

I’m at an age where I get the embarrassingly long hairs growing out of the hooter thing and I can guarantee that if I pluck so much as a single one out then I’ll get 6 weeks or more of the nose issue.
If I trim them it doesn’t happen so I’d supposed that the plucking of a hair opened a route in for some kind of bacteria living in my hooter but I’m not a doctor so it’s just dodgy guesswork.

I lost a lot of friends when my ME went chronic as you make plans and have to keep cancelling , i was off work for a year at first , tried to return but couldnt , people drift off if you are at home resting all of the time , sad but true

Also sad some people keep blaming the vaccines which is nonsense

Sorry to hear you are still suffering.
I had long Covid, still do sort of..
I went from walking 9 miles every day to just about being able to walk around the house, heart rate hitting 130bpm.
I felt like my legs were made of lead.
I tried to push on through, then my heart rate hit 170bpm walking the dogs, so I did nothing for 3 months.
Then I started walking around the house, I did half a mile for a few weeks, then a mile and so on.
When I hit 3 mile I felt like I’d reached my limit, so I stuck at that for a few months, walking the dogs at a gentle pace and eventually I managed to up it once again.
Took me just over a year to really start to get over it.
Now I’m back to walking 8 mile a day, but I’m probably about 75% of where I was before, it feels like it’s aged me about 10 years.
I’m ok walkimg but if I do any heavy lifting etc I tire very quickly.
The turning point for me was having the vaccine, now that could just be coincidence but it certainly didn’t make me feel worse.
It’s an awful disease for some people, while others it hardly affects them.
I genuinely thought this is it, I’m not getting any better than this.
I googled some of my symptoms at the time and 2 things came up, MND and Parkinson’s.
Scary!
Hopefully there’s light at the end of the tunnel for you, however slow it maybe.
Thank you. And you too...keep well ;) I did a two-mile walk around Kersal Wetlands with my daughter the other day...it hurts my back a LOT but was overall. My COVID nurse was telling me there’s a thing called "boom or bust" that I have to AVOID. It's when you feel OK..a "good day"...and you automatically try and make up for all the lack of movement you do on the bad days. So, you end up over-doing it. I demolished my garden shed yesterday..it HAD to be done..now I'm suffering.haha. I was warned.

Thank you. And you too...keep well ;) I did a two-mile walk around Kersal Wetlands with my daughter the other day...it hurts my back a LOT but was overall. My COVID nurse was telling me there’s a thing called "boom or bust" that I have to AVOID. It's when you feel OK..a "good day"...and you automatically try and make up for all the lack of movement you do on the bad days. So, you end up over-doing it. I demolished my garden shed yesterday..it HAD to be done..now I'm suffering.haha. I was warned.
She is right , you stop whilst you are feeling ok and not when you feel bad , that is key to the active/rest cycle , no point being laid up for days when you can avoid it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.