Any Long Covid sufferers on here?

I lost a lot of friends when my ME went chronic as you make plans and have to keep cancelling , i was off work for a year at first , tried to return but couldnt , people drift off if you are at home resting all of the time , sad but true

Also sad some people keep blaming the vaccines which is nonsense
I know what you mean, Kaz. ME is a shit...people can't SEE it so they think you're bullshitting.It's awful though. Life restricting and VERY depressing. I hope this is only temp ...i want to go on holiday at some point in my bastard life, haha. I don't think I'll be able to get travel insurance with this though.

I know what you mean, Kaz. ME is a shit...people can't SEE it so they think you're bullshitting.It's awful though. Life restricting and VERY depressing. I hope this is only temp ...i want to go on holiday at some point in my bastard life, haha. I don't think I'll be able to get travel insurance with this though.
I have fibromyalgia as well, shite , lol

I have fibromyalgia as well, shite , lol
Just googled it...sounds awful, too. Another one of those conditions that will get you ZERO empathy from others. Not that I'm after sympathy and empathy. Just understanding.
I also get RLS as I've mentioned elsewhere...that's a dopamine related issue that causes similar nerve issues. The meds and weed help with that at the moment though...thank Zeus.

She is right , you stop whilst you are feeling ok and not when you feel bad , that is key to the active/rest cycle , no point being laid up for days when you can avoid it
I'm learning. The hard way. haha.

Thank you. And you too...keep well ;) I did a two-mile walk around Kersal Wetlands with my daughter the other day...it hurts my back a LOT but was overall. My COVID nurse was telling me there’s a thing called "boom or bust" that I have to AVOID. It's when you feel OK..a "good day"...and you automatically try and make up for all the lack of movement you do on the bad days. So, you end up over-doing it. I demolished my garden shed yesterday..it HAD to be done..now I'm suffering.haha. I was warned.
Yeah I had plenty of false horizons, only to be brought back down to earth with a bump a few days later.
At least you’re able to do something, albeit a frustrating and slow progress.
Take the small progress and you’ll get there in the end…..nearly there ; )

I have just tested positive for this for the first time me missus and my lad must admit it’s hit me the hardest. Them 2 just got general flu like symptoms but I’m finding it quite hard to breathe think I’m about 7 days in hopefully it doesn’t get worse as I’m contemplating phoning nhs already.

I have just tested positive for this for the first time me missus and my lad must admit it’s hit me the hardest. Them 2 just got general flu like symptoms but I’m finding it quite hard to breathe think I’m about 7 days in hopefully it doesn’t get worse as I’m contemplating phoning nhs already.
Get well soon mate...and your family.

Yeah keep eye on that. Have you got one of those oxygen monitors that you clip to your finger ? My wife was very breathless when she had it but I think it was more anxiety than lack of oxygen as the monitor gave good readings. Hope you feel better soon.

After a year of suffering from joint pains which has escalated to swollen knees and feet I've finally given in and gone doctors about it

Referred to the hospital for xrays and blood tests just awaiting results but the doc suspects its reactive arthritis.

Since I last posted in this thread when I was suffering from upper body joint pains that's now all gone but its now transferred to my lower body so I hobble around like an old man until I can walk it off. Getting sick of it tbh the pain is never enough to cripple me but it's constant and grinds me down!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.