Any Long Covid sufferers on here?

I don't think there's any correlation between the jabs and the number of infections. The latest variants are far more infectious than those that came before it and the mutated virus evades vaccines which makes infections more likely.

The only concern I have is the spacing between infections is really small, I always thought that after an infection you were protected for 6 months+ but it seems not. Nothing to do with the vaccines but just seems an oddity of COVID, I can go years without getting a cold but COVID is very different infectivity wise.

I won't be getting vaccinated again, I'm the opposite of an anti-vaxxer and wholly believe in vaccination but at the moment the vaccines are well behind what is required to prevent infection and that's the only reason why I'd get it because the symptoms aren't a big deal, I've never had a day off from COVID put it that way.

Obviously for vulnerable groups it's a different story.
Yeah...if my doctor believes i should get another booster, I will.

Just want to point out...this thread is called "Any Long COVID Sufferers on here". It's concerning the condition caused by the COVID 19 virus ....hence the name "LONG COVID".
If you believe there is a condition caused by something else, then start your own thread about it...but make sure you provide the evidence, information and the genuine sources that convinced YOU that it's real. Otherwise, fuck off you loony conspiracy theorists.

I saw my lad yesterday for the first time in around 4 months. Also the first time I have seen him suffer what he terms a 'crash'. He has had long Covid since August 21 and if anything it seems to be getting worse. The 30 yard walk from the car to the house was as much as he could take. He looked really really ill. From being a mountain biking/ road cycler who has done the Fred Whitton challenge in the past, he is now a house bound physical wreck.
I hope you are feeling better mate, if there is anything you or anyone can suggest that alleviates the symptoms even slightly I would be forever grateful. He has tried various doses of antihistemine, nicotine patches which both gave some early relief but don't work now. His GP has told him that 'there is nothing I can do for you'. Pretty bloody grim.

I'm worse, mate. I've felt a bit better at times, but recently I seem to have gone back to square one. Is your son getting the negative thoughts? Awful. "What's the point any more?" I've stopped going out...even to the bookies up the road. I feel like I'm dying at times but people around me just think I'm being mard. haha. I aint mard...I survived liver disease 20 years ago and sepsis from a burst appendix 5 years ago. And I'm a blue.
I was getting help from the Long COVID clinic they set up in Salford, which includes all kinds of help. They even managed to get the local housing to fit me a new shower! A free pass for the gym ...useless for Long COVID patients but the swimming is good. Swimming is the only exercise that helps I found. Everything else makes you feel worse and could possibly be harmful. The clinic also referred me for mental counselling at Salford Royal...I really need it.
I can't offer any words of hope, mate. See if his local health authority has anything going, like in Salford.
Weed gives me massive relief in the evenings, but that's obviously not a good path to go down. And you can't do much when you're stoned anyway. It just feels better.
I've been told that I have to learn to accept this is my life now. I wish i could get a prescription for weed.

I'm worse, mate. I've felt a bit better at times, but recently I seem to have gone back to square one. Is your son getting the negative thoughts? Awful. "What's the point any more?" I've stopped going out...even to the bookies up the road. I feel like I'm dying at times but people around me just think I'm being mard. haha. I aint mard...I survived liver disease 20 years ago and sepsis from a burst appendix 5 years ago. And I'm a blue.
I was getting help from the Long COVID clinic they set up in Salford, which includes all kinds of help. They even managed to get the local housing to fit me a new shower! A free pass for the gym ...useless for Long COVID patients but the swimming is good. Swimming is the only exercise that helps I found. Everything else makes you feel worse and could possibly be harmful. The clinic also referred me for mental counselling at Salford Royal...I really need it.
I can't offer any words of hope, mate. See if his local health authority has anything going, like in Salford.
Weed gives me massive relief in the evenings, but that's obviously not a good path to go down. And you can't do much when you're stoned anyway. It just feels better.
I've been told that I have to learn to accept this is my life now. I wish i could get a prescription for weed.
Sorry you are still struggling so badly

So sorry you are no better mate. Its really hellish that nobody seems to be doing enough to research and cure this horrible condition. It has taken a great deal out of him physically and mentally his doctor has prescribed anti depressants and he seems to be coping just about but the difference this has made to his life is profound. His partner seems quite passive about the condition as well and I think would prefer to just get on living her own life. He is fortunate with work as his boss lets him work from home and that is all he does now. Works a few hours and then sleeps. Exercise is out of the question and he is losing muscle cure an alarming rate. Its hard to grasp that in this day and age there is nothing that can be done medically. He is drinking more and that seems to relax the symptoms slightly so you cant blame him but I suppose like weed its not a good path. Best wishes to you mate. I hope there is some kind of improvement soon.

I saw my lad yesterday for the first time in around 4 months. Also the first time I have seen him suffer what he terms a 'crash'. He has had long Covid since August 21 and if anything it seems to be getting worse. The 30 yard walk from the car to the house was as much as he could take. He looked really really ill. From being a mountain biking/ road cycler who has done the Fred Whitton challenge in the past, he is now a house bound physical wreck.
I hope you are feeling better mate, if there is anything you or anyone can suggest that alleviates the symptoms even slightly I would be forever grateful. He has tried various doses of antihistemine, nicotine patches which both gave some early relief but don't work now. His GP has told him that 'there is nothing I can do for you'. Pretty bloody grim.

No proof at all but some interest in vitamin D3, the ‘sunshine vitamin’. Even if pointless, it might help your son to feel he can take positive action. Cheap as chips as well.

No proof at all but some interest in vitamin D3, the ‘sunshine vitamin’. Even if pointless, it might help your son to feel he can take positive action. Cheap as chips as well.
Vit D/calcium and Magnesium. It might help.

Last edited:
So sorry you are no better mate. Its really hellish that nobody seems to be doing enough to research and cure this horrible condition. It has taken a great deal out of him physically and mentally his doctor has prescribed anti depressants and he seems to be coping just about but the difference this has made to his life is profound. His partner seems quite passive about the condition as well and I think would prefer to just get on living her own life. He is fortunate with work as his boss lets him work from home and that is all he does now. Works a few hours and then sleeps. Exercise is out of the question and he is losing muscle cure an alarming rate. Its hard to grasp that in this day and age there is nothing that can be done medically. He is drinking more and that seems to relax the symptoms slightly so you cant blame him but I suppose like weed its not a good path. Best wishes to you mate. I hope there is some kind of improvement soon.
I've talked to a few people that are going through it. It helps when you share the same problems...and they are common.
I've found that not many people around me seem to care. It's like they think I'm being mard. Yep..even my missus.
I'm always forgetting things now. Simple everyday things. She gets so mad at me. I can't help it and try to tell her it's due to...."whatever" is her reply! My mam is the only one that gives me any sympathy and asks how I'm doing. Not that i want sympathy...just understanding.
Yeah...my muscles have almost disappeared. They hurt like I've run a marathon yesterday. Very weak.
I recently had blood tests...you know..all the routine ones. The doctor said everything was just right! All spot on...apart from Vit D. There are no tests that show up and diagnose long Covid.
It's basically ME. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...with a few extras thrown in. ME is thought to be caused by a viral infection such as the flu (and now COVID).@kaz7 can tell you more about that, I think.

I've talked to a few people that are going through it. It helps when you share the same problems...and they are common.
I've found that not many people around me seem to care. It's like they think I'm being mard. Yep..even my missus.
I'm always forgetting things now. Simple everyday things. She gets so mad at me. I can't help it and try to tell her it's due to...."whatever" is her reply! My mam is the only one that gives me any sympathy and asks how I'm doing. Not that i want sympathy...just understanding.
Yeah...my muscles have almost disappeared. They hurt like I've run a marathon yesterday. Very weak.
I recently had blood tests...you know..all the routine ones. The doctor said everything was just right! All spot on...apart from Vit D. There are no tests that show up and diagnose long Covid.
It's basically ME. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...with a few extras thrown in. ME is thought to be caused by a viral infection such as the flu (and now COVID).@kaz7 can tell you more about that, I think.
Yep i got ME from flu back in the early nineties , still have it , you do get used to it and know what you can and cant do , it is pants but i have tried absolutely everything , i endorse calcium with magnesium and also vit d , aside from that nothing , rest v activity and i have learnt the balance to function. the pain from fibro is much worse to deal with , that is more the worst of the two no doubt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.