Any Long Covid sufferers on here?

The country is being gaslighted on long covid. Little focus or budget to help treatment or cure for a condition that will have huge implications for years to come on employment and the NHS.
This might be of some interest.

This virus had a sting in its tail. Many people that don't have long COVID, don't want to acknowledge it. They want the pandemic to have gone. It's going nowhere. 3.3 billion it's costing the UK each year for Long COVID alone.
I'm back at the Long COVID clinic next week...I'm a lot worse recently. I have to lie down most of the day now.

Last edited:
This virus had a sting in its tail. Many people that don't have long COVID, don't want to acknowledge it. They want the pandemic to have gone. It's going nowhere. 3.3 billion it's costing the UK each year for Long COVID alone.
I'm back at the Long COVID clinic next week...I'm a lot worse recently. I have to lie down most of the day now.
I’m sorry mate. My son is no better. Thankfully my daughter back at work and feeling a bit better. Both of them taking anti histamine which is helping. It is a bastard and made worse by those that deny it.

I’m sorry mate. My son is no better. Thankfully my daughter back at work and feeling a bit better. Both of them taking anti histamine which is helping. It is a bastard and made worse by those that deny it.
I am really sorry for you both. It is disgraceful how this is not being investigated properly.

It sounds trite to say but Good luck to you all and @Marklr I hope things start to improve soon.
@Saddleworth2 I hope your son and daughter continue to improve. There is hardly anything worse than having to watch your children suffer. Especially if they are 'grown up' children.
:-) :-)

I am really sorry for you both. It is disgraceful how this is not being investigated properly.

It sounds trite to say but Good luck to you all and @Marklr I hope things start to improve soon.
@Saddleworth2 I hope your son and daughter continue to improve. There is hardly anything worse than having to watch your children suffer. Especially if they are 'grown up' children.
:-) :-)
Thanks for your kind words Eccles. Over the last nearly two years I have seen him go from a fit mountaineer/cyclist/kayaker who spent most of his weekends climbing/cycling up bloody big hills to someone who can barely leave his house his energy is so low. It is bloody heartbreaking. There is no help for him, no treatment other than stuff he has worked our for himself. He is lucky to have an employer that lets him work 100% from home or he would be out of a job too. I worry like hell about the damage this is doing to his organs.
My daughter is a dementia nurse and is still recovering from Covid she got last August. She has just managed back to work on a part time basis but it is putting her under tremendous strain. I describe their symptoms and the seriousness of them to folk and their jaws drop. There is hardly any awareness in the general public unless you or someone close to you is a sufferer. More seems to be happening in other countrys with trials of anti viral drugs so please god there is a breakthrough in the not too distant future. Thanks again mate for your comments, they are really appreciated.

Thanks for your kind words Eccles. Over the last nearly two years I have seen him go from a fit mountaineer/cyclist/kayaker who spent most of his weekends climbing/cycling up bloody big hills to someone who can barely leave his house his energy is so low. It is bloody heartbreaking. There is no help for him, no treatment other than stuff he has worked our for himself. He is lucky to have an employer that lets him work 100% from home or he would be out of a job too. I worry like hell about the damage this is doing to his organs.
My daughter is a dementia nurse and is still recovering from Covid she got last August. She has just managed back to work on a part time basis but it is putting her under tremendous strain. I describe their symptoms and the seriousness of them to folk and their jaws drop. There is hardly any awareness in the general public unless you or someone close to you is a sufferer. More seems to be happening in other countrys with trials of anti viral drugs so please god there is a breakthrough in the not too distant future. Thanks again mate for your comments, they are really appreciated.
Apart from my mum, nobody ever asks how I am.

It's been three weeks now. Is that a long time? I still have a very strong cough and difficulties breathing at night. Checked different kind of meds on Online Pharmacy website and ordered myself just some basic stuff. Trying to drink a lot of water and tea with lemon. Hopefully it will get better soon, cause i am tired of being sick for such a long time

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.