Anybody expecting A level results tomorrow?

mancityscot said:
Got my intermediate 2 results on the 5th of august, the Scottish equivalent of gcse's. 5 a's and 3 b's. fair chuffed. Good luck guys

Before I start. Well done matey, great results.

I've always wonderred about Scottish qualifications, you have Intermediates which are equivalent to GCSE's and Highers which are similar to A levels. But is there a qualification known as "lowers"? Not being pedantic, just wonderring thats all.

Good Luck to everyone getting your results this week. I hope that you go on to great things.

CTID

Trig

blueinkwell said:
Good luck to you all, I've got fingers crossed for my youngest, he needs BCC to get into Liverpool John Moores doing Film Studies and Creative Writing.
My daughter gets hers tomorrow and I'm nervous as hell. She needs ABB to do Mechanical Engineering at Sheffield. I'm working away so have to wait for the phone call.

Good luck to all of you.

i need to get into manchester !
or my season ticket also includes a large petrol bill :(

Ive got my AS's tomorrow im not really shitting it but not expecting much. Working till midnight tonight so not a lot of time to think about it anyway

blue-trig said:
mancityscot said:
Got my intermediate 2 results on the 5th of august, the Scottish equivalent of gcse's. 5 a's and 3 b's. fair chuffed. Good luck guys

I've always wonderred about Scottish qualifications, you have Intermediates which are equivalent to GCSE's and Highers which are similar to A levels. But is there a qualification known as "lowers"? Not being pedantic, just wonderring thats all.

Good Luck to everyone getting your results this week. I hope that you go on to great things.

CTID

Trig

No, there's standard grades that state schools do mostly, they are a step down from int 2's so I suppose you could say they are lowers

mancityscot said:
blue-trig said:

CTID

Trig

No, there's standard grades that state schools do mostly, they are a step down from int 2's so I suppose you could say they are lowers

I getcha now.

Good luck everyone.

urmston said:
Imagine what it was like for us oldies when we waited for our A level results. People actually used to fail them or get poor grades like D and E in those days.

If you got 3 A grades though the local paper came round to your house and photographed you. Nowadays they'd need a special pull out supplement if they did that.

Regardless of whether it's true or not I think the education secretary summed it up quite nicely last year when he said that now is not the time for this discussion, let everyone get their results and be rightly proud of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.