Anybody seen a ghost or had a paranormal experience?

The nurses and staff at Salford Royal Hospital (the old one on Chapel Street, next to the Crescent) noticed strange sights & noises or felt a chill in the air after a nurse hanged herself in a supply cupboard on the third floor. For years they hated going in there alone and always left the lights on.
I lived next door to a radiographer years ago who worked at Salford Royal. She told a story of she had to go down in a deserted basement to get some of those plates they used for x rays. She had some very strange experiences down there and when talking to other staff so had they. Whether it is true I don't know, but she could tell a really good tale. She told her husband a tale for 6 months before she left him for his friend and their neighbour. Which is another story for a topic called "didn't you see the signs before they left".
Why can't people accept that (as yet) Science can't explain everything?

There are for example sounds that dogs can hear that we can't. There are even sounds a 17-year-old can hear that we older people can't. Do these sounds not exist?

We only know they exist because Science has developed machines to measure them. But for thousands of years, no such machines existed. The sounds still did though.
The sounds 17 year old boys can't hear that older men can is because at 17 they are not normally married;-)

Why can't people accept that (as yet) Science can't explain everything?

There are for example sounds that dogs can hear that we can't. There are even sounds a 17-year-old can hear that we older people can't. Do these sounds not exist?

We only know they exist because Science has developed machines to measure them. But for thousands of years, no such machines existed. The sounds still did though.
Certainly science as understood can’t explain everything. It’s why the JWST was sent into outer orbit.

It doesn’t make what we don’t yet understand supernatural though. Supernatural is a man made concept. And I most definitely put religion into that category.
Although I think it’s more sinister than a belief in the spirit world.

Certainly science as understood can’t explain everything. It’s why the JWST was sent into outer orbit.

It doesn’t make what we don’t yet understand supernatural though. Supernatural is a man made concept. And I most definitely put religion into that category.
Although I think it’s more sinister than a belief in the spirit world.
Indeed. If something does exist then it is natural, not supernatural.

I once encountered Gareth Southgate’s integrity, which was quite an ethereal experience.

I am fully willing to admit, though, that there is not an insignificant chance it was actually a hallucination after a particularly brutal major tournament experience.

Yes, I cant think of a logical conclusion apart from an isolated and acutely short lasting mental health issue. and i don't believe in ghosts. Never seen one before or since.

I worked nights at a recycling plant, the landlady of the pub across the road was my supervisors Mr's and would open up for "Dinner" around 1 am we would go and have a pie and a pint and go back to work 2:30am. This night i knocked on the door to be let in (bolted door) i went in ordered a pint and went for a piss whilst she pulled it.
Whilst at the stone the regular creak of the auto shut bar went off door opened and an old bloke dressed in a shabby suit walked in. (I assumed it was the landlady's dad) The bloke just stood behind me at the piss stone and said nothing even after I asked if he was "alright mate" He stood there confused look on his face. (What i noticed was this large knot in his neck tie, it was probably about 2 inches wide) I thought poor bloke must have dementia or something so i finished my visit and went to pick up my pint. Not wanting to appear unkind I asked the landlady if the bloke in the toilet was ok? to which she replied, doors bolted Sprout, Faz(her fella) phoned and told me to tell you to get the beers in he will be 20 mins. I explained what happened and she said "oh that will be Albert, i've never seen him but he's goosed me a few times in the cellar".

Nobody left those toilets after me the bar was next to the door and it was one way in 1 way out and he wasn't there when i tried to show her that there was a punter in her bogs. My gaffer thought i had been on the piss before coming to work but i assure you, the first beer i had that day was the pint i ordered before have a slash. So a isolated psychotic episode, a piss take via a brilliant magic trick or an unexplainable phenomena ?

One of my mates teachers was ‘Fred Talbot’, it left him scarred, not because he did anything to him, but because he didn’t, he ended up seeking counselling to assure him he wasn’t that ugly.
That's the tale I tell of Fred...
So who, I ask myself, is this so-called "Dirty Harry"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.