Anybody seen a ghost or had a paranormal experience?

My Father in Law passed about 9 years ago and at his funeral a Butterfly flew up towards the ceiling as the curtain closed.

A couple of years ago we went to the cemetary to pay respects to her Grandparents and we spent ages looking for their grave but couldn't find it, while Mrs Cake was on the phone to her Mam to find out roughly where the grave was a Butterfly flew past us, almost hit me on it's way past, anyway it landed on a headstone, so we went over to have a look at the Butterfly, and it had only landed on Mrs Cake's Grandparents grave.

I have never believed in anything like this before but it freaked me out for a while afterwards

Why can't people accept that (as yet) Science can't explain everything?

There are for example sounds that dogs can hear that we can't. There are even sounds a 17-year-old can hear that we older people can't. Do these sounds not exist?

We only know they exist because Science has developed machines to measure them. But for thousands of years, no such machines existed. The sounds still did though.
You couldn’t have picked a worst example. The noises that dogs can hear are at frequencies that dog’s ears can pick up that the human ear can’t. Science however has enabled us to produce equipment that can hear frequencies well outside of human hearing range, even outside the top and bottom end of what any animal is capable of.

Not a single piece of scientific equipment, when scanning all frequencies possible under the laws of physics, has been ever been able to pick up evidence of ghosts or the supernatural.

That your comment received two likes is damning to the forum.

Yes, I cant think of a logical conclusion apart from an isolated and acutely short lasting mental health issue. and i don't believe in ghosts. Never seen one before or since.

I worked nights at a recycling plant, the landlady of the pub across the road was my supervisors Mr's and would open up for "Dinner" around 1 am we would go and have a pie and a pint and go back to work 2:30am. This night i knocked on the door to be let in (bolted door) i went in ordered a pint and went for a piss whilst she pulled it.

Apparition appeared first time you were on your jacks....

all the people who describe leaving the operating table and watching themselves being operated on ...never left it...though thier body itself is a brain and it knows its knocking on deaths door, chemical soups fly all over getting ready for death.

You couldn’t have picked a worst example. The noises that dogs can hear are at frequencies that dog’s ears can pick up that the human ear can’t. Science however has enabled us to produce equipment that can hear frequencies well outside of human hearing range, even outside the top and bottom end of what any animal is capable of.

Not a single piece of scientific equipment, when scanning all frequencies possible under the laws of physics, has been ever been able to pick up evidence of ghosts or the supernatural.

That your comment received two likes is damning to the forum.

Are you sure you didn't miss his point?

Most people would agree that whilst we don't believe in spirits or ghosts many people believe in sky fairies. Humans are complicated and still look for superstition where science hasn't solved the puzzle.

I believe in neither god or ghosts, just waiting for science to catch up ;)

I’m sure, because we now scan all frequencies allowed by physics.

We do now, but we didn't 200 years ago, so we didn't understand about the sounds at that point. As science developed our understanding of the sounds developed. I thought that was his point, about developments in science explaining things that weren't previously explainable. Maybe I misunderstood it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.