Anybody still not sure about our 4 new signings?

Mikeegrini said:
leewill31 said:
great little insight on our 4 new players by Mourinho and why city went out and got them..

Asked about City, Mourinho said: “I know the players they've bought. Jovetic I know from my Italian time, we were in the same league for two years. The guys coming from Spain, Navas and Negredo, the same. I was three years in the league where they were. Fernandinho I've known for a long time even if I didn't work in the same country as him. I think they are players without surprises. They are more than ready.

“If you see their age, their maturity, they are in the perfect moment of their career to go to England, no need for adaptation, no need of work to learn the project. They are players at the top of their careers, experienced but still young, so I think they've bought very, very well.

“Young players are not at the best they will be. They need to learn, they need time to get to the top. You are talking about Navas and Negredo, they are two world champions, two European champions. They are two boys of 27. Jovetic, for more than two years, is one of the best in Italian football. Again, a kid that has five years at Fiorentina, playing in Serie A at the highest level.

“Fernandinho is more than that, because he has more experience, a national team player, big experience. So they bought very, very well. That doesn't surprise me, because they have the money to buy but also the knowledge. They have people in the club that know a lot about football.”

This ^^ has to be put into the context of the entire article Mo is saying he has a young team which will take time to produce whereas our signings should be brilliant from day one.

Exactly. The question that prompted Mourinho's quote was "Should people be expecting more of City’s experienced squad than Chelsea."

More quotes from it included:

“In my first time you [the media] were always putting pressure on me saying: ‘You buy this, you spend that, you buy the title’,” Mourinho said.

“So I hope now it is on the other side. It’s always difficult to win. You can have the best players but you have other kinds of problems.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10198387/.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... 8387/.html</a>

Plaything of the gods said:
Frankly, what City do has got fuck all to do with Mourinho. He's only trying his Mind Games on Pellegrini, who - I hope - is capable of dealing with it. Maybe Mourinho's bored with getting at Moyes.

Could you please define this,as I always struggle to find out what it means exactly.

oakiecokie said:
Plaything of the gods said:
Frankly, what City do has got fuck all to do with Mourinho. He's only trying his Mind Games on Pellegrini, who - I hope - is capable of dealing with it. Maybe Mourinho's bored with getting at Moyes.

Could you please define this,as I always struggle to find out what it means exactly.

Ill try it seems if another manager says anything vaguely negative or disrespectful about MCFC then we MCFC wilt and suddenly experience high levels of anxiety and distress and completely go to pieces generally it was thought fergus was good at this but actually any textural and impact analysis of outcomes of these mind games could only conclude ...
he was a drunk scot bloke making cheap comments

In Jose case hes a portuguese guy also making cheap comments not sure if drunk or sober
However as a comparison . If it was a drunk on a street shouting most regular people would think in a totally compassionate way shame to have got to that state and go about their business
In the crazy world of football its becomes a deadly attack in the unending war of mind games

we should focus on team tactics selection and skill and Jose can say all he wants because the better team will win Blue moan attributes great powers to mind games and the press in the same way some people believe in fortune telling or mystic meg its can be fun if not taken seriously but ultimately pointless

It's not a mind game if it's true. What he's said about signings is bang on. They will be expected to hit the ground running, they are hugely experienced of the right age and of the right quality. We've done the best business in England by a country mile so far this summer.

BillyShears said:
It's not a mind game if it's true. What he's said about signings is bang on. They will be expected to hit the ground running, they are hugely experienced of the right age and of the right quality. We've done the best business in England by a country mile so far this summer.

I fear the rags will eclipse it in one signing - much like last year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.