Anybody still not sure about our 4 new signings?

BillyShears said:
It's not a mind game if it's true. What he's said about signings is bang on. They will be expected to hit the ground running, they are hugely experienced of the right age and of the right quality. We've done the best business in England by a country mile so far this summer.

I am optimistic about the signings. However the game is littered with players, top class internationals, who have moved to another league/club and then have struggled to make an impression. Garcia for example and Maicon had the perfect profile to be expected to hit the ground running yet the 19 year old kid, who would have been expected to take some time, outperformed them all last season. The signs are very positive though however naturally I still have doubts as I have not seen enough of them to form an opinion.

Yes, I'm still not sure, as the proof of the pudding, and all that.
They look great acquisitions on paper - let's just hope that they can cut the mustard on the pitch.
I'm no big fan of Mourinho, but that seems a fairly well balanced and reasonable assessment to me.
Even if the rags sign Fibreglass, I'd still take our squad over theirs any day of the week if the new boss gets them fired up.

GaudinoMotors said:
BillyShears said:
It's not a mind game if it's true. What he's said about signings is bang on. They will be expected to hit the ground running, they are hugely experienced of the right age and of the right quality. We've done the best business in England by a country mile so far this summer.

I fear the rags will eclipse it in one signing - much like last year

The only reason that worked was a combination of factors that stretched far, far beyond Van Persie. I really wish blues would stop thinking the only difference between us was signing him, it wasn't. They signed Van Persie, combined it with a huge amount of will to win born out of both the way we humiliated them last season and their greatest managers last hurrah, whilst we were concurrently complacent, made poor additions into a squad mired by a mixture of fear and loathing for our boss, culminating in our almost season long under performance save for a few games that take care of themselves.

They could go and sign Ronaldo tomorrow, and still the situations wouldn't even be remotely comparable.

Mourinho ploy has already started and he seems to be on an all out offensive. But Pellegrini has definitely being around the block so he knows the street so to speak.

I hope he informs the players that the worst thing a rival player or team can do is listen to Mourinho. It is clear that he wants to put more pressure on the new players and the team as a whole.

We have made 4 astute signings and we don't need the wormtongue of Mourinho to validate that.

adrianr said:
GaudinoMotors said:
BillyShears said:

The only reason that worked was a combination of factors that stretched far, far beyond Van Persie. I really wish blues would stop thinking the only difference between us was signing him, it wasn't. They signed Van Persie, combined it with a huge amount of will to win born out of both the way we humiliated them last season and their greatest managers last hurrah, whilst we were concurrently complacent, made poor additions into a squad mired by a mixture of fear and loathing for our boss, culminating in our almost season long under performance save for a few games that take care of themselves.

They could go and sign Ronaldo tomorrow, and still the situations wouldn't even be remotely comparable.

A Shearsesque response and highly commendable in the "factors" you managed to fit into it - but the bottom line is that without RVP the Rags would not have won the Prem last season. This year I think our signings appear better than last- on paper and in other leagues at least, but if they sign Fabregas they take pole position immediately despite our massive spend. You and BS see it differently - I guess we'll only really know next May.

God said:
Could be a link towards the Rooney saga, by claiming its better to sign experience players in their prime.

What do you mean 'could be'?
You're God.
If you don't know, then who the fuck does?
Oh, and if you could fix it for Augusta Ada to win the opener at Catterick I would be very grateful, as Mrs Fetlocks holiday is resting on it.
Cheers.

GaudinoMotors said:
adrianr said:
GaudinoMotors said:

A Shearsesque response and highly commendable in the "factors" you managed to fit into it - but the bottom line is that without RVP the Rags would not have won the Prem last season. This year I think our signings appear better than last- on paper and in other leagues at least, but if they sign Fabregas they take pole position immediately despite our massive spend. You and BS see it differently - I guess we'll only really know next May.

I thought they looked very ordinary at the start of last season and it was only Van Persie's goals that stopped them from dropping a load of points. Then they got their form and confidence back, we suffered a major hangover after our disastrous CL campaign and they were able to pull away from us.

Their MD has talked them into the situation now where they have to spend big to avoid losing face. And Fabregas would be the ideal signing for them.

But their announcement that Fergie is staying on the Board brought a huge smile to my face. They're repeating the mistake of the post Busby era and placing Moyes in an impossible position.

I don't think it was mind games..I thought he was just being honest.

Why does everything have to have an hidden agenda?

It could have been mind games though......

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Yes, I'm still not sure, as the proof of the pudding, and all that.
They look great acquisitions on paper - let's just hope that they can cut the mustard on the pitch.
I'm no big fan of Mourinho, but that seems a fairly well balanced and reasonable assessment to me.
Even if the rags sign Fibreglass, I'd still take our squad over theirs any day of the week if the new boss gets them fired up.

Mustard pudding? you animal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.