Anyone been scammed...

It would never be there, they would show you a fake account / email address with the fund transfered from it and then give you allsorts of pressure.
Wouldn't you wait until the money arrived in your account before handing over the keys? With internet banking it's not that difficult these days.

Is the £50.00 platinum upgrade for double ticket points counted as a scam?

Sounds good until you realise how many actual tickets go on sale to ticket point holders
Hmmmm those paying for Platinum are not being scammed. Those that believe the club treat all fans as equals are.
Platinum merely allows you to overtake loyal Blues who desperately want to attend matches but, perhaps through circumstances beyond their control, can't afford the extra.

I was scammed by City. Travelled over at great expense to the Vincent Company testimonial for the sole reason of booing James Milner.
Despite what the papers said, he didn't show up.
Gutted.

Now now, we got a free drink and grub & some fireworks about 3 years+ later.

Funnily enough I went to look how mine was doing before the Everton game, it's a good job I knew which one it was as the silver ones especially are almost smooth now from footfall on them.
I didn't go to the event at the time but I assume my glass disc is there somewhere. Remind me where it is and I'll try and find it next time. I don't understand why they just didn't refund everyone the full amount paid as the embarrassment was palpable and clearly still not forgotten.

I didn't go to the event at the time but I assume my glass disc is there somewhere. Remind me where it is and I'll try and find it next time. I don't understand why they just didn't refund everyone the full amount paid as the embarrassment was palpable and clearly still not forgotten.
They're at the bottom of the bridge side at the stadium.

It's sadly all very uninspiring.IMG_20150809_100620709.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't you wait until the money arrived in your account before handing over the keys? With internet banking it's not that difficult these days.
Yes, I would, but I would imagine some people would take their word after seeing the transfer/debit from a fake account rather than the credit to thier own account. I think that's basically how it works from reading up on them.
I followed one a few years ago whereby I was promised €3000 for a weeks rental of a farm, the cost was €2500. They asked me to transfer the remainder to a ficticious car rental ( to pay for a car.....). They emailed a false statement to me as prove of payment and over a period of a few hours pressurised me into paying the remaining €500 to this car firm. Some people might have transfered the €500 under presure and that's what they work on.

Is the £50.00 platinum upgrade for double ticket points counted as a scam?

Sounds good until you realise how many actual tickets go on sale to ticket point holders
100% a fucking scam!

Can’t believe anyone ever signed up for that but when you chat around you realise that bloody loads of people did and still do pay it.

One evening my daughter texted me. She had only a little credit on her phone, she was stuck in Nantwich, past midnight and she only had her pink jacket on.
She copy pasted the conversation with her mum asking her to ask her dad to transfer the money instead.

It was a scam and I didn't fall for it. I never do because I don't trust anyone tbh.

The twats had all her WhatsApp messages and had concocted the above quite believable scenario from it. Quite clever.
I presume her phone was nicked?

…and unlocked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.