Anyone been scammed...

I presume her phone was nicked?

…and unlocked.

I’m no expert but they can somehow hijack all your Wattsap details without going anywhere near your phone.

A common one is… My phone’s dead, I’m texting of ( friends name ) phone, can you send me money for taxi. They can scan the messages and see the names of your friends, so the person is likely to know the name. They can even put the correct profile picture of the friend on the device they’re using to make it more believable. And that’s just one old one. I’m sure there’s more sophisticated scams than that about now.

I’m no expert but they can somehow hijack all your Wattsap details without going anywhere near your phone.

A common one is… My phone’s dead, I’m texting of ( friends name ) phone, can you send me money for taxi. They can scan the messages and see the names of your friends, so the person is likely to know the name. They can even put the correct profile picture of the friend on the device they’re using to make it more believable. And that’s just one old one. I’m sure there’s more sophisticated scams than that about now.
That just sounds like they’ve skimmed data from social media - FB, Instagram etc. To get profile pic, friends, details of what they wear, phone numbers, email etc. If your social media is ‘open’ then you’re inviting scammers to harvest info.

Hmmmm those paying for Platinum are not being scammed. Those that believe the club treat all fans as equals are.
Platinum merely allows you to overtake loyal Blues who desperately want to attend matches but, perhaps through circumstances beyond their control, can't afford the extra.
It was more tongue-in-cheek.
City say get double loyalty points for a chance to obtain ticket to away games.
After the tickets have been distributed to everyone including the office staff’s cousins mates mums dog-minder, the club window cleaner, staff at the official egg box provider & “www.giveusticketswesellthemat2500%morethanfacevaluetoanyone.com” and were still no closer to getting away tickets ;-)

Just had a phone call from a bot telling me £756 had just been spent on my Amazon account and to press 1 if I didn’t recognise the purchase…

I hung up.

Hmmmm those paying for Platinum are not being scammed. Those that believe the club treat all fans as equals are.
Platinum merely allows you to overtake loyal Blues who desperately want to attend matches but, perhaps through circumstances beyond their control, can't afford the extra.
Platinum just lets you stand still.

Those who can't afford it can't afford away tickets an travel either.

You’ve no chance of overtaking anyone, look what away days go down to, even if you had half the top person has you will never catch up, it’s dead men’s shoes.

You’ve no chance of overtaking anyone, look what away days go down to, even if you had half the top person has you will never catch up, it’s dead men’s shoes.
To you and the others who replied. I am not a supporter of Platinum. It is wrong and devisive. You should not be able to buy points.

I had a ‘Nigerian Prince’ scam email last week but instead it was supposedly from a billionaire Ukrainian farming magnate.

I did do a little chuckle about how these scammers are keeping up to date with the news.

But what kind of lobotomised moron falls for these things? It blows my mind how stupid some people are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.