Anyone been scammed...

I’m currently selling some bits and pieces on Facebook marketplace and I’m getting some really strange replies that I’m sure are a scam but I just can’t figure out the angle. I’ve got 2 bedside lamps for sale and people keep messaging asking if they’re still available; I reply yes and then they send a link to a search engine I’ve never heard of and ask me to see if the ones I’m selling are the same as in the link. Each time I’ve told them to ‘do one’ (their Facebook profiles are always pretty much none existent too) and they don’t object or anything; they just disappear from the chat.
Anyone else had this or have a clue what it’s all about please?

I’m currently selling some bits and pieces on Facebook marketplace and I’m getting some really strange replies that I’m sure are a scam but I just can’t figure out the angle. I’ve got 2 bedside lamps for sale and people keep messaging asking if they’re still available; I reply yes and then they send a link to a search engine I’ve never heard of and ask me to see if the ones I’m selling are the same as in the link. Each time I’ve told them to ‘do one’ (their Facebook profiles are always pretty much none existent too) and they don’t object or anything; they just disappear from the chat.
There will be an angle somewhere or somehow but It' a numbers game to them, you'll be one of thousands, it's not worth their time to reply. They're only interested in the ones that bite or aren't aware.

Depending on the link, it might be going to a website that downloads malware automatically, especially if you don’t update your OS/browser every time an update is available.
Having something like the noscript plugin will stop anything like that (no ‘active’ content allowed to run ie malware), but it can be a pain at the start of use as you slowly whitelist real websites.

Or maybe it’s just a way of getting adverts served to you.

Not so much scammed, but credit card fraud.
I received a phone call from a credit card company saying my card would expire in a couple of months and asking if I wanted to renew it as I'd hardly used it. - I didn't want to renew it and told them so.
A few months later I received a call from a debt collector saying I owed the credit card company three and a half grand. I told them where to go and they asked if I lived at a certain address. I told them I didn't even know where it was and asked for the name of a contact at the credit card company. They refused so I told them my signature wasn't on any purchase receipt and repeated my suggestion that they pissed off.
In the end I spoke to someone at the card company and they said I'd sent a change of address later. It then clicked - It was an inside job. An employee had phoned me and when I said I didn't want a replacement card they wrote the change of address letter and the card was sent to the new address. The company disputed it but the address was in the same city as the company and within 48 hours I had a letter saying nothing was owed.

Being scammed right now, I'm bored and just had ny tea and Luc wants to buy...I gone through all the pleasantries and now he wants €52.09 insurance fee but assures me I will get back as he is putting it in cash in the envelope that the courier will deliver when he comes for the item. I've issued him with all false details and so far it doesn't seem to matter...yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.