Anyone been scammed...

Just read in an article that one Scandinavian telephone operator, Telia, stopped 29 million scam calls lat year -in Sweden a country of 10 million people.

In Norway with a population of 5,5 million, they stopped 77 million calls!

Bloody hell, someone is accessing my Internet from abroad.
I know because a lady from Virgin media rang this morning to tell me. All I had to do was go into playstore on my mobile phone, download an app and enter a code she gave me. She then asked what it said on the screen.
It seems 'you're a scamming bastard glad I've wasted 5 minutes of your time' wasn't what should have come up.

Yes. For various reasons I cancelled Sky last October. They said the quickest way was to download one of their templates of a withdawal form, fill it in, return it and my subscription would be cancelled. This template would cost £1.24 or thereabouts.

I did so, and indeed my monthly sub was cancelled and I had a nice letter from Sky saying how sorry they were I was leav ing, etc., etc. Imagine how I felt when I looked at my recent credit card staements and found I had been charged £24.90 for Oct, Nov, Dec by some outfit called "Templates".

It was my fault for not checking my statements more carefully, but I rang my credit card company and (eventually) got through to the right department who promised to see this scam was stopped and I'd get a refund.

I await my next statement to see if it has been sorted. I don't know who this rogue outfit is - anyone else heard of them and been similarly scammed? Have Sky got a connection to some dodgy company?

Yes. For various reasons I cancelled Sky last October. They said the quickest way was to download one of their templates of a withdawal form, fill it in, return it and my subscription would be cancelled. This template would cost £1.24 or thereabouts.

I did so, and indeed my monthly sub was cancelled and I had a nice letter from Sky saying how sorry they were I was leav ing, etc., etc. Imagine how I felt when I looked at my recent credit card staements and found I had been charged £24.90 for Oct, Nov, Dec by some outfit called "Templates".

It was my fault for not checking my statements more carefully, but I rang my credit card company and (eventually) got through to the right department who promised to see this scam was stopped and I'd get a refund.

I await my next statement to see if it has been sorted. I don't know who this rogue outfit is - anyone else heard of them and been similarly scammed? Have Sky got a connection to some dodgy company?
The problem is Google and all the other search engines allow any company to be listed. If you pay you get listed on page one.
Try booking a flight by simply putting in Ryan Air. Annoyingly the legit site is not first on the list.
The conning bastards have them for visa applications, driving licence renewals the lot. You simply clicked on an unofficial site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.