Anyone been scammed...

The problem is Google and all the other search engines allow any company to be listed. If you pay you get listed on page one.
Try booking a flight by simply putting in Ryan Air. Annoyingly the legit site is not first on the list.
The conning bastards have them for visa applications, driving licence renewals the lot. You simply clicked on an unofficial site.

Yes. The only guard against this is to ensure that the website you use is legitimate and exercise common sense and not rush.

Also £1.24 for a template is ridiculous anyway, no legit company charges you like that for sending an electronic form. Sky, BT or whoever already have your details, if there is an admin fee they will just put it on your bill, no need for you to give details again.

Last edited:
Yes. The only guard against this is to ensure that the website you use is legitimate and exercise common sense and not rush.

Also £1.24 for a template is ridiculous anyway, no legit company charges you like that for sending an elect form. Sky, BT or whoever already have your details, if there is an admin fee they will just put it on your bill, no need for you to give details again.
If you google things like "Australian Visa" the Ads and the 1st set of returned links are scam sites, that charge you to get some of the actual free Visa's. Google might have stopped that now, it was awhile ago, but I think my old mum got caught out just before covid times, and paid to get a free visa, becuase she didn't end up on the australian official site.

I trade forex and about 3 years ago the broker I used had a data leak and they got my details..virtually every week since then, I've had Indian scammers ring me saying I'm due a refund but they need details of my bitcoin wallet..if I'm not busy I have some fun and keep them on the line, until telling them to F off and get a proper job.

When I get these kind of scam calls I usually let them waffle on for a while until I get bored of them. I'll usually then interrupt them with
"Can I ask you one quick question?" Makes them think they might have you and then ask nice and politely
"Do you enjoy what you do?" Confusion then begins to set in and they often ask "Eh?" so finally,,,
"Scamming people, do you enjoy it?"
Often followed from the other end by a string of expletives and hanging up unhappy that you've wasted some of their precious earning time.

If you google things like "Australian Visa" the Ads and the 1st set of returned links are scam sites, that charge you to get some of the actual free Visa's. Google might have stopped that now, it was awhile ago, but I think my old mum got caught out just before covid times, and paid to get a free visa, becuase she didn't end up on the australian official site.

Well aware of that sort of scam. They used to do it for EHICs too.

How do you check if a website is legit? I'm trying to figure out if this is a real site or a scam.

Looks legit. Https means it is secured. And I am getting redirected to UK.

Rayban would have that site down very quickly if it wasn’t, flagged for copyright reasons etc.

There are various ways, and there isn't a non exhaustive list. What the payment platform looks like at the end. The details at the bottom.

Use stuff like trust pilot or previous reviews on stuff like reddit.

First page of google shopping can bring up some questionable sites, golden rule is always excercise caution. Don't be tempted by listings of stuff significantly below ebay and amazon or relevant market price if it is a more niche product.

Looks legit. Https means it is secured. And I am getting redirected to UK.

Rayban would have that site down very quickly if it wasn’t, flagged for copyright reasons etc.

There are various ways, and there isn't a non exhaustive list. What the payment platform looks like at the end. The details at the bottom.

Use stuff like trust pilot or previous reviews on stuff like reddit.

First page of google shopping can bring up some questionable sites, golden rule is always excercise caution. Don't be tempted by listings of stuff significantly below ebay and amazon or relevant market price if it is a more niche product.
Cheers.
I'm always weary of sites that offer sales.
Unfortunately ray ban stores are few and far between around here.
Think I'll try my luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.