Anyone disappointed?

CC1 said:
It's interesting that the Hughes 'doubters' believe that he will go if we don't achieve top 4 this season - based on the premise that it is now attainable. Surely the very fact that a top 4 place is now thought to be possible, is because Hughes has bought well and is creating a team that everyone feels is capable of living with the top 3 or 4.

He must therefore be doing the job well! If he wasn't, the 'doubters' would be screaming that we hadn't got a cat in hells chance of finishing anywhere near the top 4.

Anyway, can't we change the subject- it's becoming so repetetive, the same old names trying to sell their 'Hughes Out' agenda.

Few things, it's not only one category of supporter that thinks we have a top 4 target, some of the most prominent supporters have the same opinion as do some that have mo strong opinion on the matter. My personal opinion is that top 6 will be enough to keep his job.

Secondly this expectation is largely down to money spent as well as the current squad strength. For me, I think the squad has improved markedly to one of the best 4 in the league, but that's pretty much what I'd expect given the funds available for transfers and wages.

Thirdly, the OP is not a Hughes outer, but just because your not paranoid it doesn't mean that everyone isn't out to get you.

Pigeonho said:
Good thread? So a good thread is someone spouting off if people are dissafuckingpointed that we've WON?!!!! Yeah Dave, that's a great thread that, really intelligent and just what is needed on here. For fucks sake. And if you don't like reading my shite, ignore it and don't comment on it.
you sir are a knob of the highest order

blueyorkie said:
Clearly a lot of people haven't taken notice of the failed policy of the last 35 years. Sacking managers does not guarantee success. Personally think sacking Hughes would be a major set back given the upheaval that would inevitably follow. he should be given plenty of time to see his plans come to fruition, I would be happy if he was still at the helm in 5 years.
He strikes me as a hard working manager , with a steely determination and a good eye for a player. Tactically he is improving, ask messers Wenger and Ancellotti.

Couldn't agree with this post more. There's only one way to meet the success the Rags have had, that's to be able to look back in 15 years time and see how nice it was to take home 10 flags. City's not going to do that with money alone, and it aint going to do it under Jose. A hard working home grown coach with determination, that's come up in the PL system, understands making a balance of local and international talent is essential, will create a history we can then look back on. If the 'no Hughes' crowd had an option what would it be: a) a flag in 2011 under Jose then nothing else for 20 years, or b) 5 flags under Hughes over the next 10 years. My choice is made up, I think only short sighted short minded neysayer supporters will happily create and atmosphere that screws it up for the long term. Take a look and the Rags and think, that will be us!

Don't believe the owners have set Hughes a target. All paper talk imo. So long as they see overall progress behind the scenes I recon they'll let him get on with it for a few years & then judge him. He could end up building the team & being sacked & replaced by a bullshit artist like happened to Ranieri at Chelsea but I'll be surprised if it happens anytime soon.

BillyShears said:
I think it was widely acknowledged that poor results against Arsenal and Chelsea would have rendered Hughes' position close to untenable. So I'm curious, anyone disappointed that he's managed to turn the tide in a week?

To be clear, I'm not asking if your disappointed in the results themselves, but disappointed in what they mean for our manager...

i'm not hughes's biggest fan but would love nothing more than to see him take us on to football domination for the next 20yrs. if hughes isn't upto task then inevitably he will eventually be found out.

I was in the out camp about 10 days ago. But, two cracking results have turned it around for him. I'm on the fence now, and unless we go on another run of 7 draws i reckon i'll be reserving judgement until the end of the season.

blueyes said:
If the 'no Hughes' crowd had an option what would it be: a) a flag in 2011 under Jose then nothing else for 20 years, or b) 5 flags under Hughes over the next 10 years.

How on earth have you reached either of those conclusions?

moomba said:
Few things, it's not only one category of supporter that thinks we have a top 4 target, some of the most prominent supporters have the same opinion as do some that have mo strong opinion on the matter. My personal opinion is that top 6 will be enough to keep his job.

I know that he needs to finish 4th.

I'm sure he needs to finish 4th too.

If he's a close 5th and we win a trophy then it's a tough decision for the owners, I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.