Anyone disappointed?

Matty said:
blueyorkie said:
No footballer is totally unknown in this day and age. Scouting networks are sophisticated so kids in South America, Asia and the Far East are known to most of the big clubs.
I don't see what your point is. I stated in my original post he had a good idea for a player and I stand by that. His success rate is very good and compares favourably with the other top managers.
The point was that you could give me £200m and I'd be able to spend it in huge chunks on proven Premiership players like Given, Adebayor, Lescott, Toure, Bridge, SWP, Santa Cruz and Bellamy. Those purchases don't show a good eye for a player, they show the ability to spend large amounts of money on players who have already been a success. If he'd brought in foreign or lower leageu talent that had proven to be top class then yes I'd agree with you, but he hasn't.

David Moyes can be called someone with a good eye for a player, with a limited budget he seems to get the best out of players.

How do you explain Benitez's transfer dealings then? ie lots of money spent, lots of rubbish footballers.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's on the money, Rammy. A win at Bolton and we've got our tails right up going into Christmas, right in touch with the top 4.

A loss and we're back where we were a week ago.

We must win and I believe we will win. I believe we'll win comfortably.

So do I...it will be interesting to see how Wenger and Benitez react if we get our tails up and start winning the "obvious" games...

Wenger certainly has already shown serious signs of strain...I'd fucking love for Liverpool to beat them Saturday and for us to beat Bolton...

Expect lots of "Money can't buy history", "Are the foundations firm", "Let's see what happens longer term" type comments.

whilst they twitch nervously at the prospect of no champions league money.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
really looking forward to Saturday tbh as i see the game against Bolton as a good yardstick now after such an impressive 2 victories.

our last 5 away games have resulted in 4 draws and 1 defeat and "typical City" would be to throw away the great result against Chelsea by turning in a tepid performance away from home.

there should really be no excuse not to come away from Bolton without the 3 points, they are there for the taking and we should be buoyant.

Hughes needs to throw off the "safety first" away tactics and go for the throat from the first whistle, i hope he does because there is nothing to fear.

That's on the money, Rammy. A win at Bolton and we've got our tails right up going into Christmas, right in touch with the top 4.

A loss and we're back where we were a week ago.

We must win and I believe we will win. I believe we'll win comfortably

i all so believe we will win and i will still stick to my belief that hughes will become a top manager and take us to that next step which is top 4.

some may call it propaganda on the clubs side but with the players coming out recently saying it is up to them to step up and take what is being put to them on the training field and winning games and not surrendering results i really do believe that it has been the players underachieving and not the manager that has been taking the blame.

i may well be wrong and will hold my hands up if hughes fails but i honestly dont think i will be!

Let's just hope that 7 game drawing run was our bad patch for the season.

Got to admit the players have upped the game the last 2, let's just hope they keep it up as they'll have to if we want top 4. Going to be a big battle between City,Liverpool and Spurs from now untill the end of the season.

Undoubtedly the culture at the club has changed dramatically since hughes arrived, in a good way of course and obviously the playing staff were now attracting are alot better then we could of ever imagined before. in answer to the OP, no i'm not dissapointed in the slightest that results didnt go the other way resulting in MH departure. i support man city and aslong as all involved are battling for the shirt and giving us a degree of entertainment in the process be with it win, draw or lose i will support the manager whole heartedly.

Shooter 83 said:

Got to admit the players have upped the game the last 2, let's just hope they keep it up as they'll have to if we want top 4. Going to be a big battle between City,Liverpool and Spurs from now untill the end of the season.

you can drag Arse into that as well, they will struggle and imo have already had their good patch.

Slightly off topic maybe, but the difference for me these last 2 games has been the tempo. If we can keep playing at that high tempo and there arent many teams that can keep up.

Expecting more of the same at Notlob.

top 4 or gone is a product of wishful thinking by the hughes-haters,hoping he fails.Luckily ,rival teams are having a 'mare with injuries/loss of form so any success can be put down to that (any port in a storm ). mh seems to be handling the pressure better than some on here ,wonder what he knows that we dont? Maybe he has faith in the owners,having actually met them, who knows?

bellbuzzer said:
top 4 or gone is a product of wishful thinking by the hughes-haters,hoping he fails.

No it isn't, it's a realistic viewpoint based on his length of tenure, what he inherited and what he's spent.

Rammy Blue said:
Shooter 83 said:

you can drag Arse into that as well, they will struggle and imo have already had their good patch.

Yeah RVP is a massive blow for them. I think he will sign a striker in Jan but wether he has money to spend is another matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.