Anyone else concerned?

SWP's back said:
bobmcfc said:
SWP's back said:
Sloppy because we refuse to pay £53m and sloppy because we allowed the biggest club in the world to take a young player from our grasps?

This despite already spending £44m on two fucking good players that you have never seen play for 90 minutes? Trust the scouting team if you are unsure and leave the handwringing until after you have seen them play for a month.

il dibattito è finito. Luca Brasi dorme con i pesci
Well I hope he boots up. I caught bad cat aids off a perch once.

-- Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:18 pm --

bobmcfc said:
SWP's back said:
Overpaid? You've never seen him pay for christs sake.

I can't have three different debates. You say we should pay another says we can't buy isco because of FFP. Nobody can discuss this because your all too angry and nobody will ever agree
I'm not angry. I'm laid in the bath. :-)

What if you drop your iPad in the bath

bobmcfc said:
SWP's back said:
bobmcfc said:
il dibattito è finito. Luca Brasi dorme con i pesci
Well I hope he boots up. I caught bad cat aids off a perch once.

-- Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:18 pm --

bobmcfc said:
I can't have three different debates. You say we should pay another says we can't buy isco because of FFP. Nobody can discuss this because your all too angry and nobody will ever agree
I'm not angry. I'm laid in the bath. :-)

What if you drop your iPad in the bath

His japs Ipad is already underwater I'll wager!!

Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

Have we greatly changed our spending strategy now looking for bargains?.

We didn't get our first choice targets last year and look what happened.

No - because we already have a player called Denis Suarez who is currently playing really well at the U20 world cup in turkey, where he is being given praise for his displays by the Spanish press

If Pellegrini can do for Suarez what he did for Isco - then we are fine

bobmcfc said:
BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:
You can PM it to me unless you want to be a big Penis Tease from now until forever more

It would take one to know one ... ;)

If you want my Penis Billy you are very welcome to it lol

Jokes aside. I think Mancini was given carte blanche over two big summer transfer windows to build a squad capable of challenging at the top end both domestically and in europe. However the point was to build a squad which didn't require massive amounts injected into it each year. Particularly with the kinds of money we were paying in wages. Khaldoun made this clear the summer we signed Kun and Nasri ... he said "we will bring one or two top class players in but after that we have a squad which is capable of challenging on all fronts". I'm paraphrasing but you get the gist. It was absolute naive folly for anyone to think that City were going to go and spend that kind of money again last summer. What was expected was for the team, both collectively and individually to get better. Kun had just had his first season in the prem, Nasri his first season in the team. etc.

It was time to reign in the 200k a week players and start looking at players who wouldn't demand stupid wages ... the problem was that Mancini's list seemed to be either sublime players who'd demand 200k a week, or ridiculous players who he clearly hadn't spent enough time scouting properly, or players who simply weren't willing to move last summer. Hence the players we ended up with.

You say you're underwhelmed by the business we've done so far. With respect, Fernandinho and Navas fit exactly the profile Mancini should've been going after last summer. They are both players who have the right experience, the right quality, and also the right mindset in terms of wanting to play for City so badly that they won't demand stupid wages.

Since the AD takeover we've become so used to signing household names that there seems to be a level of panic if we are seen not to be signing them. Granted last summer's shopping was gash, and Garcia certainly wasn't a household name, but the reality is that you do your due diligence all season, know who you can and can't get, and then move accordingly. I know for a fact that what happened last summer is that Mancini simply refused to even speak to Marwood, let alone work with him. That's a fucking disgrace and one of the major reasons that it took so long for business to get done. The irony in Mancini complaining about this when he was the reason it took so long wasn't lost on our owners and wasn't lost on Ferran.

Now yeah, of course, it suits me to post this because everyone knows how I felt about the Italian. But it also happens to be very close to the truth whether anyone believes me or not. Our owners and Ferran Soriano are incredibly intelligent business men who want to build a successful sustainable club. This means a balance between 200k a week players in your squad and players with a lesser profile on lesser wages.

I haven't even touched on the farce of Mancini wanting his own expensive signings sold so he could have more.

[quote="BillyShears]It was time to reign in the 200k a week players and start looking at players who wouldn't demand stupid wages ... the problem was that Mancini's list seemed to be either sublime players who'd demand 200k a week, or ridiculous players who he clearly hadn't spent enough time scouting properly, or players who simply weren't willing to move last summer. Hence the players we ended up with.

[/quote]

You've hit the nail on the head again Billy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.