Anyone else concerned?

Sad to see Tevez go, hope board know what they are doing, seem to be getting rid of all my favourites, Mario, Mancini, Tevez ..

Marvin said:
Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

Have we greatly changed our spending strategy now looking for bargains?.

We didn't get our first choice targets last year and look what happened.
We've made the best 2 signings of the Summer in Navas and Fernandinho and have been head to head with Real Madrid for Isco so you are completely off your head.

Tevez has lost a yard. It was a good footballing move to sell him

I'd be more concerned if I was a Man utd fan who have fired their coaching staff and whose best player Rooney on £250k plus a week doesn't know whether he's coming or going

Like everyone else I've been following the isco and cavani sagas with interest, have to say I'm slightly concerned about our strike force, dzecko was a lumbering donkey for the majority of the season and aguro was very hit and miss, I thought tevez finished the season quite well, if we don't get in a very good replacement we haven't got a hope of winning that title back. Personally i Find our transfer policy slightly concerning, lets hope the spainairds have it all in hand

Forzacitizens said:
Pigeonho said:
About what, exactly?

I'm just not so sure we're going to have a squad capable of winning the league next year..
As it stands, no. Come 1 September if we've not added, I will be concerned. Only a fucking idiot, or bunch of idiots, would go into a season with two recognised strikers, so on that basis I'm positive out management have deals in the pipe line, and that we will go into the season very happy.

Ducado said:
Not in the slightest, we have a good set of players and with the two signings we have strengthened where we needed too, we also have a new manager who may be get more out of the team than the last manager did.

In many way some of us have become like spoilt children, we want that player because he has performed in X team, however the art of running a club is to scout out the unknown players who have the potential, some of us seem hooked on buying, we did at one time because we needed to, we don't need to now

Plenty of other clubs manage to scout out top talent, I can't see why we can't
I can't think of any Premiership clubs who have a good record of bringing in young players from abroad (waste of time looking in England as the coaching system generates Andy Carrolls, and Cattermoles). Pressure and loads of money means clubs go for sure thing.

When it comes down to it, would you really want City to take a risk with a 20 yr old from Portugal 2nd division or a £40m buy from the Champions League when we're up against Man Utd and Chelsea for the title next season

You can have buy such players when you're in Barcelona's and bayern Munich's position

de niro said:
Forzacitizens said:
I do realise that we're not in July yet but I do worry about where we're heading.

Everyone is disappointed that we didn't get Isco, that happens in football and I accept at present Real Madrid are a lot bigger football club than we are.

We have sold Tevez and I don't see who we could get as a replacement for decent money for the same quality.

Dan Taylor has just said we won't be spending big on a striker and Guidetti isn't happening.

Have we greatly changed our spending strategy now looking for bargains?.

We didn't get our first choice targets last year and look what happened.

How dare you. Are you a rag? You know the rules of bluemoon. You can't crititize the club or the management team in any way.they are from Barcelona Dont you know. People like you are not welcome. You should be banned. You run a terrible risk of insult and banishment you not being a mod and all. Nope,happy clappers and nodding dogs only allowed on here.
It's not even July. It's not about not being allowed to criticise the club, it's about getting a fucking grip.

Because the transfer window is just about to slam shut, no not shut what's the word.
Oh yes open thats the one.

Marvin said:
Ducado said:
Not in the slightest, we have a good set of players and with the two signings we have strengthened where we needed too, we also have a new manager who may be get more out of the team than the last manager did.

In many way some of us have become like spoilt children, we want that player because he has performed in X team, however the art of running a club is to scout out the unknown players who have the potential, some of us seem hooked on buying, we did at one time because we needed to, we don't need to now

Plenty of other clubs manage to scout out top talent, I can't see why we can't
I can't think of any Premiership clubs who have a good record of bringing in young players from abroad (waste of time looking in England as the coaching system generates Andy Carrolls, and Cattermoles). Pressure and loads of money means clubs go for sure thing.

When it comes down to it, would you really want City to take a risk with a 20 yr old from Portugal 2nd division or a £40m buy from the Champions League when we're up against Man Utd and Chelsea for the title next season

You can have buy such players when you're in Barcelona's and bayern Munich's position

I disagree the landscape is changing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.